What sounds better?

• With

Votes: 22 36.1%
  • Without

Votes: 39 63.9%

• Total voters

A9BNL

Mar 6, 2019
Can I ask a stupid question but in the survey it’s with or without, does that mean that the results are in favour of the standard setup?

DS814

Apr 8, 2018
Hi, Thank for the question. We haven't seen a 300 4drive with WLTP but if you can send us some pictures of under the vehicle I will be able to tell you for sure.

thank you
Gareth

You saw my car a MY19 "Copra"ST in January at VAG...your boss took a picture of the underside which was posted in here at the time.
Any update on this issue yet please Gareth?
It was my ST that came to you in January.
IMG-20190109-WA0001.jpg

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I was thinking of buying a Zaustworx res delete but problem could be getting it fitted. Can anybody recommend a fitter in and around Edinburgh for this sort of thing, tried google but nothing really coming up apart from the usual crowd; Kwikfit etc?

Also I have been told that Seat introduced GPFs into the cars from Feb 2019 so I dont understand the reason why the 2018 onwards 290s are so much quieter, is it something to do with the 7 speed DSG as well.
The GPF’s introduced 5-6 months before Feb 2019. It was more like September 2018. So some pre Copper cars came with them.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Gareth

You saw my car a MY19 "Copra"ST in January at VAG...your boss took a picture of the underside which was posted in here at the time.
Any update on this issue yet please Gareth?
It was my ST that came to you in January.
View attachment 7622
Can’t really do a res delete with no resonator to take out. But you could do a smaller back box, or back box delete.

A9BNL

Mar 6, 2019
The GPF’s introduced 5-6 months before Feb 2019. It was more like September 2018. So some pre Copper cars came with them.
Do you think that a res delete will sound better, I know that it’s probably a personal thing but I just wanted to get some pops, crackles and maybe farts but didn’t want it to be asbo loud. Can anyone please that has one of the latest 290s let me know. The survey results don’t make sense as 81% prefer without so is that standard fit resonator. Cheers

bigup

Mar 25, 2019
Manchester
Do you think that a res delete will sound better, I know that it’s probably a personal thing but I just wanted to get some pops, crackles and maybe farts but didn’t want it to be asbo loud. Can anyone please that has one of the latest 290s let me know. The survey results don’t make sense as 81% prefer without so is that standard fit resonator. Cheers

The 2019 290s will not be asbo loud even with res delete

unlike last years Cupra which is probably loud.

Brackett

May 12, 2019
Flippin' confusing with all these different exhaust configurations!!

Does anyone know what a 2018 300 ST would have? Therefore what my options are?!

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Flippin' confusing with all these different exhaust configurations!!

Does anyone know what a 2018 300 ST would have? Therefore what my options are?!
Depends when in 2018 it was built.

If it was pre WLTP, you’ll have a resonator that can be ‘deleted’. Progressive Parts who posted earlier have VAGSport ones for the 4drive. Think they’re the same as the Golf R estate.

Reactions: Brackett

Brackett

May 12, 2019
Depends when in 2018 it was built.

If it was pre WLTP, you’ll have a resonator that can be ‘deleted’. Progressive Parts who posted earlier have VAGSport ones for the 4drive. Think they’re the same as the Golf R estate.
Thanks! How do I know if pre-WLTP? Registered end-Mar18 if that is any use?!

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Thanks! How do I know if pre-WLTP? Registered end-Mar18 if that is any use?!
WLTP cars where around September 2018 onwards. So yours will have a res like mine. Mine has the golf r system, which droned a bit with the standard vag sport res delete for the 4drive/golf R Estate. I currently have a prototype fitted that is perfect. Probably said more than I should, but I’ll be posting about it properly in due course :D

Brackett

May 12, 2019
I currently have a prototype fitted that is perfect. Probably said more than I should, but I’ll be posting about it properly in due course :D
Let's hear more!

I really need a decent system for mine. Coming from a non-res on a V6, I need more sound!

A9BNL

Mar 6, 2019
no drone at all. Small change that makes a huge difference, not asbo loud but loud enough to make people look. the Vagsport item seems to be Mandrel bent etc but unless your are putting out big power then there is no need, save the cash and put it in the fuel tank
Hi,
I took the plunge and ordered a zaustworx off eBay for my Cupra lux. I hope that it’s not too loud.
It’s good to hear that there is no drone.

S4BiT

Dec 8, 2018
I installed the Golf R exhaust on mine and the sound is more than satisfying, i think its the best option for the GPF cars too (mine is without).

beddin90

Mar 31, 2014
WLTP cars where around September 2018 onwards. So yours will have a res like mine. Mine has the golf r system, which droned a bit with the standard vag sport res delete for the 4drive/golf R Estate. I currently have a prototype fitted that is perfect. Probably said more than I should, but I’ll be posting about it properly in due course :D

This sounds interesting :cheeky:

A9BNL

Mar 6, 2019
You honestly will not be dissapointed.
Cheers, my wife asked me what was in the large cardboard box. I told her after a while and she looked at me in wonder, also saying your 52 years old, so I just hope that it’s not toooo loud or I am in for the chop

Reactions: The Daily Meme

FINCH

Being Nosey
Mar 15, 2010
Aberdeen
Cheers, my wife asked me what was in the large cardboard box. I told her after a while and she looked at me in wonder, also saying your 52 years old, so I just hope that it’s not toooo loud or I am in for the chop
I hear an ultimatum coming hahaha

Reactions: A9BNL
May 26, 2019
Getting this done next week, direct from Zaustworx for MY19 290. To all those that have had this done already, has it become noticeably louder, as alot of the videos sound the same before and after?

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.