What petrol do you use?

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
I have the same engine but have only used standard unleaded.

Have previously used higher octane fuel in past cars I have owned with more horsepower and saw no gains, all I saw was my price go up when filling up so I have stuck with standard fuel for a few years now.

I wouldn't spent the extra money on it unless the manufacturer recommends it from stock, just my opinion of course.
Exactly the same as I do, and I found the same results too.

Reactions: Jazzjames

CupraNJ

Apr 4, 2017
Bristol
Momentum 99 in my 300, and the 280. Never had any issues, that I'm aware of anyway. Both cars appeared to run well on it. Whilst it is a high octane, I've no idea if it is worse 'quality' when compared with Shell or BP.

onkkel

Jul 12, 2018
Finland
I always use 98 octane fuel, so either Shell V Power 98 E5 or Neste Futura 98 E5 depending on which station is closer when it's time for a re-fill.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I've often seen Audi S3, BMW M2/3/4, saw a Cupra, as well as a few supercars fill up at my local Tesco...at first, I was thinking, seriously, you guys using supermarket fuel, if you can afford the car, why put supermarket fuel, then I realised Momentum 99...

Is UK the only European country who have 2x 99RON fuels? Eg..Tesco + Shell?

Last edited:

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
I've often seen Audi S3, BMW M2/3/4, saw a Cupra, as well as a few supercars fill up at my local Tesco...at first, I was thinking, seriously, you guys using supermarket fuel, if you can afford the car, why put supermarket fuel, then I realised Momentum 99...

Is UK the only European country who have 2x 99RON fuels? Eg..Tesco + Shell?

I only found out the new V-Power is 99RON today, they have a blog/questions page that was updated 3 days ago with this info...used to be 98RON.

Still, apparently Tesco Momentum 99 is V-Power 99 in terms of RON with Ethanol mix, but just has different additives for cleaning...

V-Power is still just shy of 10p/ltr different then Tesco, so no thank you lol

Butty

Sep 7, 2018
V Power mainly but Momentum when i'm feeling poor for a Revo stage 1 car.

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
Tesco Momentum 99 in my 280, based on price and convenience.

Not sure I buy in to the idea that supermarket fuels are poor quality. I ran my Mondeo on Tesco petrol (95 RON) to 175k miles without any problems.

JSM Cupra

Mar 26, 2019
Well after using V-power for many years and being decidedly against supermarket fuels, I tried Momentum 99 as it was their high performance better quality fuel. I have been pleasantly surprised as I have had no issues at all . In fact the car performs very well with this fuel in addition to the other benefits in terms of being cheaper etc

cupra14

Aug 31, 2017
England
Not sure I buy in to the idea that supermarket fuels are poor quality. I ran my Mondeo on Tesco petrol (95 RON) to 175k miles without any problems.
Agreed. Ran last 2 cars (400HP & 200HP) to 136K and 164K miles on nothing but supermarket fuel. No engine problems, but body rust became a pain.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members