Headlights on audible warning

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Hi,

As above does the mk2 leon have a warning sound if you remove the ignition key and leave your headlights on??

I have on a few occasions turned the ignition off and left the headlights on as I have no warning sound to remind me to turn them off. Its only looking back at the car that I noticed the lights left on.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I'm pretty sure it does. Maybe it's been coded out?

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
It's never give out any sound since I have had the car.

I was thinking that it doesnt have one as after a certain time period the car shuts its self off eg, the radio goes off after 20mins if the ignition is off

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
My headlights don't give an alarm if left on, as after a set period they turn themselves off (I have the bigger MFD - allowing me to set the delay with Auto Lights and Coming / Leaving Home lights if that makes a difference). I'm not sure about sidelights I'll check later (should really know after 11 years lol).

You also have parking lights, so if you put the indicator stalk up / down with the lights off and take the ignition key out the lights will stay on either the left or right side of the car, so passing traffic and see you parked at night, you will also get an audible alarm then as you remove the key to remind you.

Reactions: Brimfull

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Hi Marky

My car is all OE the larger MFD allowing more personalization came with the Bluetooth option.

Paul Smith

Sep 10, 2018
What year MK2 is it. Mine is 2007 and does the same however this is a fault, it definitely has or should have a noise that tells you. Mine on a rare occasion reminds me.

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Checked mine March 08 and I get a warning if side lights are left on, but not if left in Auto or headlights on (dipped) as they go off after 10, 20 or 30 secs. According to handbook this is correct.

Reactions: Brimfull

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Checked mine March 08 and I get a warning if side lights are left on, but not if left in Auto or headlights on (dipped) as they go off after 10, 20 or 30 secs. According to handbook this is correct.
Thanks

I'll have a check of my handbook.

Reactions: Rob66

AlR

Dec 10, 2016
How about this? Does opening your door turn the interior courtesy light on? Most of the time the interior light is turned on by software when you turn off ignition & remove key or when you ulock the car by remote, so you don't notice that actually opening the door no longer turns the light on. There is a microswitch in the door lock which fails and it is this switch which not only turns the interior light on when the door is opened, it also tells the lights left on system the door is open. So, if the car isn't seeing the signal for the door open from the microswitch in the lock, the warning will not sound, irrespective of which lights are on.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members