Cupra Wheel Downsizing (Recommendations?)

Which size wheels for a Mk3 Cupra?

• Total voters

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Pretty sure they are.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Nope. Only 19” and above as others have posted. I think the older Pilot Super Sport was available on 18”, but they’re not as good in the wet. Not sure how the PS4 compares to the PSS.

The new Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersport I think may come in 18”.

EDIT:
No Michelin Super Sport on mytyres listed in 235/40 R18, but the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersport is at £116.

Last edited:

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Yeah that's my bad. Still the 4 isn't a bad tyre.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
It’s just a bit soft for track work, so is the PS4S, but the PS4 more so. Not that the original poster is going on track necessarily.

The Pilot Cup Sport 2’s are available in 18” incidentally.

DrEv1l

Mar 17, 2017
It’s just a bit soft for track work, so is the PS4S, but the PS4 more so. Not that the original poster is going on track necessarily.

Also have a look for Dale Lomas' bridge to gantry blog and video on his 280 st. He went from 19s to 18s butts he could save Mooney on psc2s but he did not have the brembo big kit on his car.

Hee is a member of the forum still I think...

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire

Yeah if it's just a daily driver with the occasional hoon round some lanes, then you probably wouldn't notice the difference between the 4 and 4s.
If it was doing track work, I'd look at a separate set of wheels and proper track focused tyres.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise