VAQ Diff service

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
As far back as the mid 1970's VW handbooks were stating to owners that the 'Oil is not changed' in
regard to the gearbox/diff.

That advice was highly dubious back then and despite great advances in lubrication it still is, especially
when you consider the big increases in power and torque these days and the stresses that brings with it.

If you rag your car and it's gearbox, get the gearbox/diff oil and any filter changed well before 4 years/40K
miles. If you are gentle as anything, then you could leave it until 60K-70K miles and very likely get away with
it - but if you like your car you will be having it done at 5 years/50K miles no matter how kindly it's driven.

Last edited:

Deleted member 103408

@'& Son' managed just one word of warning the Cupra DSG 6 speed Box (DQ250) is a wet one so oil change is needed every x years (my error every 37,000 miles), but on the smaller engined Leons with a Dry 7 speed DSG box (DQ200) there is no oil change possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Has anyone done the diff service themselves? Watching various videos (on MK7 Golf GTi’s) and looking at the Seat manual, it looks fairly straight forward, as long as access to under the car is sufficient and the car is level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
If I had access to a ramp to get car in air and level it would be something I would attempt on my own. From what I've read / watched its only a couple of bolts and drain plugs involved.

Reactions: paddy6789

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
If I had access to a ramp to get car in air and level it would be something I would attempt on my own. From what I've read / watched its only a couple of bolts and drain plugs involved.

I have access to a lot of curb stones haha

May not provide enough ground clearance to do - is fine for standard oil service though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aimez

Can anyone please confirm the oil spec please I have ordered 850ml of G060175A2 is this correct as TPS were unsure as they do not have a workshop ,manual?
I will be going with 3 years as is no set mileage, I do not own a DSG but I work a VW commercial dealer and we replace DSG oil every 3 years or 40k on wet DSG boxes and haldex is the same (most owner never seem to take into account the extra cost of service level of owning these vehicles!)

Deleted member 103408

Can anyone please confirm the oil spec please I have ordered 850ml of G060175A2 is this correct as TPS were unsure as they do not have a workshop ,manual?
I will be going with 3 years as is no set mileage, I do not own a DSG but I work a VW commercial dealer and we replace DSG oil every 3 years or 40k on wet DSG boxes and haldex is the same (most owner never seem to take into account the extra cost of service level of owning these vehicles!)

40k is fine but the service doc's from ERWIN show 60,000 km, according to the workshop manuals

If DSG transmission oil is being replenished, use only oil listed
in ⇒ Electronic parts catalogue (ETKA) .

Aimez

40k is fine but the service doc's from ERWIN show 60,000 km, according to the workshop manuals

If DSG transmission oil is being replenished, use only oil listed
in ⇒ Electronic parts catalogue (ETKA) .
40000miles not km I meant my question re oil is ref diff lock oil which is the thread subject. Also telling me to follow a manual is not helpful as how would I acess it. Can anyone confirm my question please. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

Sorry my reply was not what you wanted but i just saw the DSG Part of your question.

Erwin is the Electronic Repair and Workshop Information service from SEAT A.G. for independent garages, I presumed as you work for a VW Commercial garage you would have access to this sort of information along with ETKA.

anyway this link (for my car) https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/etka/SEAT/le/754/409370/ confirms

Screenshot 2019-07-12 at 23.57.16.png

Butty

Sep 7, 2018
40000miles not km I meant my question re oil is ref diff lock oil which is the thread subject. Also telling me to follow a manual is not helpful as how would I acess it. Can anyone confirm my question please. Thanks

It is G060175A2 oil for the front VAQ. It can also be used on the rear haldex diff unit.
Febi 101172 is the same oil but under £20 per bottle.

Reactions: Aimez

Aimez

Sorry my reply was not what you wanted but i just saw the DSG Part of your question.

Erwin is the Electronic Repair and Workshop Information service from SEAT A.G. for independent garages, I presumed as you work for a VW Commercial garage you would have access to this sort of information along with ETKA.

anyway this link (for my car) https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/etka/SEAT/le/754/409370/ confirms

View attachment 8475
I was adding my 2p re DSG changes, my car isn't even DSG, not a fan myself. We use ELSA and parts use ETKA but ETKA does not tell you this info and TPS have no acess to workshop manual so have no clue. I am commercial so can only acess commercial workshop manual and service intervals passenger car for Seat, Audi, VW and Skoda all have their own ELSA info. Although often the same as we trained on same course.

Aimez

It is G060175A2 oil for the front VAQ. It can also be used on the rear haldex diff unit.
Febi 101172 is the same oil but under £20 per bottle.
Thanks bud yeh thats want we ordered then realised we could get it cheaper than TPS then having the part number found we had some already so not even paying for it lol. Occasional perk of the job!

Reactions: Butty