Wheel arch spoilers

iNowack

Feb 23, 2017
Belgrade
Hi,

I couldnt find topic about "wheel arch spoilers" so i wanted to ask did anybody know part# or where i can order cupra wheel arch spoilers

Thanks in advace
5c479f0ba98c79cc4e44b1163b9feacf.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
5F0 807 824 9B9
FR Wheel Spoiler £8.86
5F0 807 823 9B9
FL Wheel Spoiler £8.86
5F0 807 837 9B9
RL wheel spoiler £6.49
5F0 807 838 9B9
RR wheel spoiler £6.49

Much to my surprise they are not an aero device they are a safety regulation device. Only fitted to the cupra as the cupra has 19” by 235 tyres which protrude the bodywork ever so slightly. You will find them on most cars that are the sporty model of a range. So amg45, focus Rs to name a few.

Fr tyre is in the wheel arch,
5848b04c45fc5b6cb83a75317ceee6e7.jpg

Cupra tyre protrudes

45c1dca57cbd12f24f9fe428fb4ef3e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

iNowack

Feb 23, 2017
Belgrade
5F0 807 824 9B9
FR Wheel Spoiler £8.86
5F0 807 823 9B9
FL Wheel Spoiler £8.86
5F0 807 837 9B9
RL wheel spoiler £6.49
5F0 807 838 9B9
RR wheel spoiler £6.49

Much to my surprise they are not an aero device they are a safety regulation device. Only fitted to the cupra as the cupra has 19” by 235 tyres which protrude the bodywork ever so slightly. You will find them on most cars that are the sporty model of a range. So amg45, focus Rs to name a few.

Fr tyre is in the wheel arch,
5848b04c45fc5b6cb83a75317ceee6e7.jpg

Cupra tyre protrudes

45c1dca57cbd12f24f9fe428fb4ef3e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey thanks,

I've tried to find it via search menu but couldn't.

I've mounted cupra performance black wheels with 235 tires and they are slightly closer to cars side as on your second picture and visualy that looks way better.

Here in Serbia they still dont care about it as a safety add-on feature but i like how it look with those small spoilers and it seems that will protect the car itself from certain stones.

Last edited:

iNowack

Feb 23, 2017
Belgrade
Anyone know how these are attached to the arch? One of mine is hanging off and I can't see how it fixes to the panel...
If i remember correctly front ones are attached with bolt and something like "3m tape" while rear ones are attached with "3m tape" to rear fender.

Reactions: Eamon Burke
Nov 4, 2019
Hi, I wonder if you can help me?

I need a driver side rear wheel spoiler and can’t believe you have stated they are £6.49 I rang dealer earlier today and they quoted me £49 plus £49 for fitting it!

what a joke! It sticks on with 3M tape and they wana charge me for fitting!!

What is the link to the website that sells them for £6.49? All I can find is European sites but I need it by the end of the week ideally.

Joedj9

Aug 30, 2018
Just pulled mine off because my wheels were catching. They just clip into the bumper. I didnt see any tape when removing them. I also dont think they actually make any sort of difference either.

iNowack

Feb 23, 2017
Belgrade
Just pulled mine off because my wheels were catching. They just clip into the bumper. I didnt see any tape when removing them. I also dont think they actually make any sort of difference either.
They are there for safety more then for aestetics or aerodinamics

Reactions: RUM4MO

iNowack

Feb 23, 2017
Belgrade
Safety for what?
Water splashes and small rock and stones especially when driving fast. Eg. Rear ones as they behave as small water/stone guards when using wider tyres and bigger ET rims so they are closer to the wheel arches, thry reduces amount of water splashes or stones to be thrown onto vehicle behind you.

On some other brands you can see those as part of a fenders as they are shaped like this eg Fords,...

Reactions: RUM4MO

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Safety for what?
presumably preventing stones from flying up off the tyre, but the "spoiler" only extends a few mm out from the wheel arch i can't see it making any real difference.

Edit: it is also a legal requirement that wheels shouldnt extend beyond the body work of the car, so it might be a regulation fudge.

Reactions: RUM4MO and Joedj9

iNowack

Feb 23, 2017
Belgrade
presumably preventing stones from flying up off the tyre, but the "spoiler" only extends a few mm out from the wheel arch i can't see it making any real difference.

Edit: it is also a legal requirement that wheels shouldnt extend beyond the body work of the car, so it might be a regulation fudge.
Belive me it makes a difference i several times drove faster thru some water on side of driveway and there was noticable difference between water splash to the front and into the air from front tyres with and without those "spoilers".

PS as a reference im using 19" Cupra's black performance rims on Leon FR so rims are wider and closer to the wheel arches then 18" rims i got with it. Car also sits on Eibach Pro-kit.

Here in Serbia those spoiles came only with Cupra, i bought mine separatelly and installed them to my FR.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Those small plastic lips (technically, they’re called wheel spoilers) aren’t to stop water splashes or stones being flicked up.

With all models / trim levels in a particular car range sharing the same body shell, but the performance models having wider wheels and tyres than the non performance models, there’s a risk that the tyres on the performance models may extend beyond the wheel arch edge. So manufacturers fit these little plastic lips / wheel spoilers that are intended to cover any exposed tyre tread when viewed from directly above the wheel, as legally (in the UK), and for safety reasons, no part of the tyre should extend beyond the bodywork.

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/anyone-know-what-this-part-is.455012/#post-4873057

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Those small plastic lips (technically, they’re called wheel spoilers) aren’t to stop water splashes or stones being flicked up.

With all models / trim levels in a particular car range sharing the same body shell, but the performance models having wider wheels and tyres than the non performance models, there’s a risk that the tyres on the performance models may extend beyond the wheel arch edge. So manufacturers fit these little plastic lips / wheel spoilers that are intended to cover any exposed tyre tread when viewed from directly above the wheel, as legally (in the UK), and for safety reasons, no part of the tyre should extend beyond the bodywork.

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/anyone-know-what-this-part-is.455012/#post-4873057
I was most of the way there.

Reactions: SRGTD
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.