what have you done to your car today ?

Nizza

May 17, 2019
And all I’m going to say is who ever built my Leon to where I got it from had no idea.

Was full of standard ruined 118000 mile bushes

Seized track rod ends and geometry was all over.

That’s why I’ve spent the time and the money to get the right bits and spending the right time setting it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
And all I’m going to say is who ever built my Leon to where I got it from had no idea.

Was full of standard ruined 118000 mile bushes

Seized track rod ends and geometry was all over.

That’s why I’ve spent the time and the money to get the right bits and spending the right time setting it up.

Bet it had camber tho

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
I have a cheat sheet somewhere of suspension setup dos and donts and cause and effect if you want more of this do this etc somewhere just gotta find it. It was great when I was setting up my cars for Rally and Auto X in the USA. A well setup stock car with sticky tires will out drive a poorly setup modified car 99% of the time.

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
I have some 30 years of setting up single seaters from Formula Ford all the way to Historic F1's ............there's a fair few of them that would have made you cry.

The best one was a guy that bought an historic F1 car , he couldnt drive it , went sideways up the track, spun in every corner, sold it for 20% of what he paid.
Not one wheel pointed in the same direction, not one wheel had the same camber or caster , or ride height .....a day with a ruler, tape measure and a piece of string was all it took...........

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Can some one explain how this would give more control. If you got shorter shocks then yes they can fall out but if you have a proper set up then they won't fall out.
As for being a coil over on a beam axle i can't really see the benefits of it . You get adjustable platforms with your springs in the normal set up and a helper spring too.
It won't change the adjustability of it all
I am just lost on why the extra work for the little if any benefits
Yes I hold my hands up....I wasn't thinking about that beam for a second. That still there it's pretty pointless...springs where they are are the best place, more thinking leads me to think the weight of that bar and the springs being moved is going to change to weight distribution (bar becomes dead weight sat there) I know it's still supported but distribution of weight must play with the back end

Again I hold my hands up, I was very wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Manic172

Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
When I went to gaz to order my shocks and springs I did ask about a coil over set up for the rear. No going to mention names but the bloke I spoke to asked me why.... why do you want that... and I said well it must be better and the right thing to have lol. His reply did shock me . He said we can make what ever you want . But they for the "benefits " you may get are not worth it. And as no one here is a btcc. Wtcr wtcc or f1 driver we wouldn't fell the difference or he even able to say how it reacts. So I had separate shocks and springs made but got damping and rebound on the rears and mono tube set up on the front with damping control. Only time will tell if there any good... I don't mean gaz as I know they are good as have them on one saxo and AST on the other one

Manic172

Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Yes I hold my hands up....I wasn't thinking about that beam for a second. That still there it's pretty pointless...springs where they are are the best place, more thinking leads me to think the weight of that bar and the springs being moved is going to change to weight distribution (bar becomes dead weight sat there) I know it's still supported but distribution of weight must play with the back end

Again I hold my hands up, I was very wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

It's not about being right or wrong lol. What you said is all true. For independent suspension. I was just going down the route of my saxo. That is beam and torsion bar set up. But there is a bloke who builds an independent set up. So was going to see the cost of some thing like this for the leon
1563211564337954296692115943875001.jpg

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
I was trying to think about what the hell is everyone talking about a beam in the rear... then I remember I am 1 of 2 guys on here with 4x4 ... we don’t have a beam... differences below top one is 4x4

e56b99a642fa6c5fead2ee03373f5ae3.jpg
f41b30ae3d56577f8b4ce248958b1f55.jpg

Reactions: bigT's lcr

Nizza

May 17, 2019
I have a mondeo. It’s far from that one but it’s still ****. They’re all ****. That’s why they’re taxis and private ambulances. Because they’re ****. Trust me I lost many hours re doing all the bushes on the back end. It was ****.

Because mondeos are ****.

Don’t EVER talk about selling your Leon again.

We shall race one day and it will be good.

Nizza

May 17, 2019
So. Had a bad day.

Pulled the sump ad some idiot had fitted the rocker cover gasket with a whole tube of sealant. So was scared about my pick up pipe being full of sealant. Turns out I was right!!
e1b914933f8e11dd865b42e722120fa3.jpg
538035969c7dd94a263bf62376bc83e6.jpg

When re fitting the sump had 2 fixings go slack and I think the threads in the black are fookd. One in the rear corner driver side tightened to 12nm not 15nm. The other which happens so be hardest one to get to is shot. Looks like gearbox our to re tap as it’s right up next to bell housing. The gasket maker should keep the seal here as 3 other bolts in the location surrounding to attach sump.

Tomorrow night an donnington will tell.

Anyways got high temp brake fluid in and said bye bye to nasty spacers and the wheel bolts! Stud kit boom.
7ac7a143559813325fa59aaf4251d191.jpg
585c02a4db3240a1f57b0cfd6e29293f.jpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise