MY19 Cupra Oil Change

RCampbell1

Jan 8, 2017
UK
So I thought I'd treat my Cupra to an oil change just as its hitting the 6k mile mark. I took it into a local place, who've always done a good job on past cars, and they came back to me saying that they couldn't change the oil as the Cupra needs a special tool to take the sump plug out. They said other manufacturers are doing this as well, forcing you to take it to a dealer.

So I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of where I could get a hold of one of these tools as the place said they'll be happy to change the oil if I can get one

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
The correct tool is a must, and cheap. My local service agent won't drain the oil, they suck it out the dipstick hole which is not great for getting all the contaminants out of the sump. They said they do this as they can't get the plugs to seal properly. I suspect they use a screwdriver and reuse the old plug as I've done two changes now without a problem.
The best part is that you can't overtighten the plug and strip threads.

Reactions: RCampbell1

Deleted member 103408

or just replace it with a proper sump :)

Screenshot 2019-07-17 at 23.15.28.png

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Remember years ago on my MK4 Ibiza we needed to buy a "special" part to remove air vents, it was literally just some plastic panel removers at like £80

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members