what have you done to your car today ?

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
If your any good with a drill. I would drill out the thread and then use what's called a wire insert. You drill and tap the hole out to a bigger size. But then you wind in a "helicoil" thread. This then brings it back down to the size you want. They are used loads in aerospace for threads in aluminium. Because if they keep taking things apart the ally will wear out. So they use these helicoil as they are stainless or mild steel and won't wear out. And even if it did. You use a special tool to grip it and wind it out

Manic172

Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
silverline-283928-thread-repair-kit-helicoil-type-m6-x-1.0mm.jpg
that's an average helicoil kit. I think the sump on the 1.8t is an m6 thread. So if it was me I would get hold of m6 x2d size. The 2d bit is the length of the helicoil. It's 2 of its diameters for its length. You typicly get 1d 1.5d 2d so it's more thread to hold on to. I am going to helicoil my sump fixings and a few others when I come to build my engine

Nizza

May 17, 2019
Yes I think the sump bolts are 7 x 1mm. I have a set of taps to try and sort the hole out and know how to helicoil! Although great advice and help! The trouble is getting to the. Problem area. I can whip the sump off again but I really think it’s going to be gearbox off to be able to sort the block properly. Hoping this gasket maker holds up. Donnington Park tomorrow will soon tell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Manic172

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Yes I think the sump bolts are 7 x 1mm. I have a set of taps to try and sort the hole out and know how to helicoil! Although great advice and help! The trouble is getting to the. Problem area. I can whip the sump off again but I really think it’s going to be gearbox off to be able to sort the block properly. Hoping this gasket maker holds up. Donnington Park tomorrow will soon tell

It’ll hold up, the worst would be a small seepage leak nothing crazy. Don’t sweat it. But oil leaks on track isn’t a good thing.

Got any more photos of your setup from yesterday? The doors etc?

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
I was trying to think about what the hell is everyone talking about a beam in the rear... then I remember I am 1 of 2 guys on here with 4x4 ... we don’t have a beam... differences below top one is 4x4

e56b99a642fa6c5fead2ee03373f5ae3.jpg
f41b30ae3d56577f8b4ce248958b1f55.jpg

Wondering if you could swap the suspension components to the FWD Leon without the haldex diff, just to utilize the independent rear suspension. And how much custom fab would be necessary. Hmmmm something to think about for those who want independent rear.

Manic172

Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Need a flat boot floor by the looks of it as it has the 4 mounting points around it
But I am looking at making some thing along the lines of the satchell conversion that are made for the saxos but again need 2 more mounting points or have a beam style side to side with trailing arms like normal but make the rods back to the beam with rose joints. So then it can pivot indipend and then run the coil overs too.

Reactions: Leon20vt4

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Need a flat boot floor by the looks of it as it has the 4 mounting points around it
But I am looking at making some thing along the lines of the satchell conversion that are made for the saxos but again need 2 more mounting points or have a beam style side to side with trailing arms like normal but make the rods back to the beam with rose joints. So then it can pivot indipend and then run the coil overs too.
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=208768&share_fid=1220&share_type=t

Haldex conversion for 1.8T

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Nizza

May 17, 2019
So we made donny tonight, sump gasket looks ok thank god!

Just a couple quick pics

Some little issues were turbo intake pipe blew off and got some general oil leaks looks like old hoses and breathers etc so could o with a full clean up and monitor.

The car doesn’t pull well enough. Made 255bhp and 310 Nm on the dyno. Pulls well out of corners just doesn’t seem to hold onto its power and really get going. Not sure if all the oil leaks are indicating compression leak through piston rings...

The chassis was good though and tyres dmack seem pretty good.

On the positive had a good night and the track is awesome!

1f70fff6b9fcd2814d442ef1ffe90215.jpg
9108894c6afe048a38557a70a9716f57.jpg
70770269ba0c1cf5d1bc18d58bb35d0e.jpg

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
So we made donny tonight, sump gasket looks ok thank god!

Just a couple quick pics

Some little issues were turbo intake pipe blew off and got some general oil leaks looks like old hoses and breathers etc so could o with a full clean up and monitor.

The car doesn’t pull well enough. Made 255bhp and 310 Nm on the dyno. Pulls well out of corners just doesn’t seem to hold onto its power and really get going. Not sure if all the oil leaks are indicating compression leak through piston rings...

The chassis was good though and tyres dmack seem pretty good.

On the positive had a good night and the track is awesome!

1f70fff6b9fcd2814d442ef1ffe90215.jpg
9108894c6afe048a38557a70a9716f57.jpg
70770269ba0c1cf5d1bc18d58bb35d0e.jpg

Get a proper tune on her and you’ll be much happier! I think if you were close to 400nm you’d feel the kick in the pants, check your recirculating valve and all your turbo pipes etc. use hairspray if you’re having issues with them popping off... or 3m spray glue.

A healthy stage 2 tune and you’ll be 280-300hp and 400-410nm

Other than that she’s looks rather smart I dig your setup a lot. I appreciate what you’ve done with the car and I will try to make it out to Nurburgring in August even if I have to take a train!

Reactions: Manic172 and Nizza

Nizza

May 17, 2019
Didn't think she would last long tbh and now she's showing signs of white smoke. Gonna have a look today and see what's going on but it's not looking good.

Obviously it’s not a like but there isn’t a dislike button!! Is it headgasket?

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
No sign of gasket going or gone, no oil water mix anywhere, no sludge issue, no over heating before or after. I've just had five mins under the bonnet and there is no smoke to talk of ATM but under load maybe a different story leading me to turbo being shot.

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
I'm loosing lots of coolant at the moment, thought a faulty reservoir caps to blame as streaks of dried coolant were on outside of ball tank but noticed a small pool on the road under the radiator area this morning. Hopefully a piece of hose I can swap out rather than the rad itself. Apart from loosing coolant it's not been over heating and has been running really well.

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Oh I remember that little pool off coolant under the rad two weeks later it was a river as the rad let go the front end off to swap out radiator I feel your pain

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.