Ibiza front parking sensors

NorthBlue

Sep 13, 2018
Good morning,
My wife recently bought Ibiza Mk6 with 6.5 inch infotaniment screen and rear parking sensors only.
Using OBDEleven I have activated optical parking system which is now showing and working correctly.
Now I would like to buy and install front parking sensors and incorporate them into OPS together with rear ones.
Does anyone knows what I need to buy and check?

Please see attached pictures.

451c4345732f49b92f457b94696dfcc6.jpg
d7630f2c80867b552dbdf5a1b7f1db0c.jpg

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I would think that with some time, one of the usual aftermarket/retro fitting kits suppliers would bring a kit to market using OEM parts and a bespoke wiring harness leaving you to fit and make the programming changes. I did this to a 2011 Audi S4 2 years ago using original used parts, some new sensors and wiring harnesses from Kufatec, even buying a used parking controller, 8 channel, a used extra switch panel, probably not required for your car and a used second sounder/buzzer/horn, it cost a lot of money as I bought a tool to punch the holes for the front outer sensors in the bumper, the bumper locations are marked on all bumpers with a X.

Aroza

Feb 27, 2018
Good morning,
My wife recently bought Ibiza Mk6 with 6.5 inch infotaniment screen and rear parking sensors only.
Using OBDEleven I have activated optical parking system which is now showing and working correctly.
Now I would like to buy and install front parking sensors and incorporate them into OPS together with rear ones.
Does anyone knows what I need to buy and check?

Please see attached pictures.

451c4345732f49b92f457b94696dfcc6.jpg
d7630f2c80867b552dbdf5a1b7f1db0c.jpg

I have installed after market parking sensors on the rear and I can't activate the optical parking system with OBDEleven.
So I guess the sensors need to be factory installed.
On the other hand, if you were able to activate the OPS for the rear sensors maybe you will have more luck thah me.
Can you explain to me the coding you followed for the activation to check the differnces and maybe make it work myself?

NorthBlue

Sep 13, 2018
Hi, see in attached picture. You need to enter PIN and activate OPS in module 72.

Select Control unit 72
Security access
Access Code 71679
Control unit Long Coding

Find OPS and change value to OPS display by default is - not installed.
6dd6a1d3dfbb7344538b6cb95485481e.jpg

Reactions: Olsun

tak-fr

Dec 3, 2017
Sorry to change the subject of the thread but have you got a link/guide in doing this on OBD11

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aroza

Feb 27, 2018
Hi, see in attached picture. You need to enter PIN and activate OPS in module 72.

Select Control unit 72
Security access
Access Code 71679
Control unit Long Coding

Find OPS and change value to OPS display by default is - not installed.

In my case, Control Unit 72 isn't even listed.
But even in your case, the front sesnors should be connected with the media unit.
I think that after market sensors are usually not connected with the car, except of course for power supply purposes.

Reactions: Jonathan Bassett

NorthBlue

Sep 13, 2018
You are right, for aftermarket solution you need something like this :

https://www.navlinkz.de/rl4-mib2-e18

This one is for camera, but there are similar solutions for parking sensors.

Somewhere I read that original 6.5 inch infotaniment has switch on the back to activate parking sensors. I cannot confirm this as I didn't dismantle it yet.
That or different software can be the reason why you don't read nothing with OBDEleven.

I don't know without dismantling original infotaniment if there are inputs for front sensors in my case. So that will be my next step.

NorthBlue

Sep 13, 2018
I asked dealer to send me quotation to install front sensors, they said it's not possible

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
Nothing's impossible! Retrofitting of the factory system (with it popping up on the display) is possible, just expensive and a lot of work. You'd need the factory controller for the parking sensors fitting.

Kufatec supply the parts, but it's not cheap. €649 for the parts alone!

May 4, 2019
Nothing's impossible! Retrofitting of the factory system (with it popping up on the display) is possible, just expensive and a lot of work. You'd need the factory controller for the parking sensors fitting.

Kufatec supply the parts, but it's not cheap. €649 for the parts alone!
Nothing really impossible, but what actually do you need to connect front sensors to the control unit.. Plus how to code them to be recognized when starts to move forward....
Hopefully in near future someone post how it's done))

DigiMagic

Apr 14, 2017
I asked dealer to send me quotation to install front sensors, they said it's not possible

From my previous experience, Zubak in Velika Gorica should be willing to get the parts. At least I assume that could be an option for you based on user interface language in the screenshots.

NorthBlue

Sep 13, 2018
I will ask Zubak, but probably will get same answer. Service of Seat is part of VW, Skoda so same building in Jankomir.

Thanks

Aug 13, 2019
Nothing really impossible, but what actually do you need to connect front sensors to the control unit.. Plus how to code them to be recognized when starts to move forward....
Hopefully in near future someone post how it's done))
Does the control unit already exist in my car if it came equipped with rear parking sensors? In other words, can I buy aftermarket front sensors and connect them to the control unit (if it already exists?) and they would appear in the optical parking screen? Sorry for sounding like a newbie, don't know how control units work. Thank you.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Does the control unit already exist in my car if it came equipped with rear parking sensors? In other words, can I buy aftermarket front sensors and connect them to the control unit (if it already exists?) and they would appear in the optical parking screen? Sorry for sounding like a newbie, don't know how control units work. Thank you.

You would need to find out if SEAT fitted different part numbers of parking sensor controller to cars with rear only or rear+front parking sensors, this should be easy by searching the online parts listings. If there are different versions of parking sensor modules fitted, and not just different coding on a similar module, ie the rear only module being a 4 channel one and the rear+front being an 8 channel one, then you would need to replace that module or larger controller that covered that function, or if all the modules were the same you would only need to recode it. Maybe scan the car to see what the part number of the parking sensor control module or sub module of another component that covers this task so that you know how things are at the moment.
To make life simple, I'd opt for buying a set of 4 VW Group sensors, getting a proper upgrading place to cut/punch holes in the bumper skin for you, unless you buy a correct tool - the plan is always to cut/punch through from the outside so that the outer surface edges get rolled over and inwards otherwise it will look crap! Next you would need to buy or manufacture a front end cable form that terminates in a 6-way connector so that the front end can still be removed for maintenance etc. Then another cable form to connect this first one to the car's central controller, new buzzer, maybe a switch and the rear panel located parking sensor controller - or other controller that covers this function. Then code these changes into the car.

Edit:- it looks like the parking controller is mounted near the front, which is handy for adding in extra wiring, there is a different part number for the "rear only" and "rear and front" cars, so I'd think a 4 channel and a 8 channel one. The front sensors listed need to be "right angled connector" versions, also a sealing trim located over each one and mounting brackets bonded to the front bumper covering using structural adhesive - unless you wanted to need to refix them every few years when the sticky tape unstuck!

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise