Virtual dash warning light

RaVe

Oct 24, 2018
Hi,

This is a long shot, as i can't really remember what the damn thing looks like. Driving along just now with the dash in map mode. The centre of the dash starts flashing with a red image and beeping for maybe 3 seconds, then goes back to the map. I've look every where for the warning light to see what it means but cant find it. Any ideas?

Ta.

Ashley_ng

Jan 27, 2019
Brake assist trying to kick in, was you close to another car infront? Ive had this kick in and slam the brakes on me when pulling into a parking space where a bush was infront of me a bit annoying but does its job i suppose lol

Reactions: RaVe

RaVe

Oct 24, 2018
Brake assist trying to kick in, was you close to another car infront? Ive had this kick in and slam the brakes on me when pulling into a parking space where a bush was infront of me a bit annoying but does its job i suppose lol
Nothing in front of me, so im very confused.

RaVe

Oct 24, 2018
Brake assist got me right royal stuck the other day down the very tight rounds round Fowey in Cornwall. I had to manouver to let some cars past, and as there was lots of bushes and high verges, the car just said no. Looked like a right numpty lol

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Brake assist got me right royal stuck the other day down the very tight rounds round Fowey in Cornwall. I had to manouver to let some cars past, and as there was lots of bushes and high verges, the car just said no. Looked like a right numpty lol

Did you try the following?

Car >> Settings >> Parking and manoeuvring, then scroll down and untick Manoeuvre Braking from active. I think that the default setting is somewhere between 15 - 30 cm which will automatically brake the car to prevent you from driving into something in both forward and reverse directions. Obviously, remember to re-tick once out of a tight spot!

RaVe

Oct 24, 2018
So its just happened again on the motorway. The image that comes up on the dash is in red, has a car at the centre, surrounded by red lines top, right, bottom and left. Its accompanied by a loud been. Later for around 3 seconds. Didnt do any braking, didnt feel any loss in performance.
Any ideas??
Ta

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
So its just happened again on the motorway. The image that comes up on the dash is in red, has a car at the centre, surrounded by red lines top, right, bottom and left. Its accompanied by a loud been. Later for around 3 seconds. Didnt do any braking, didnt feel any loss in performance.
Any ideas??
Ta
That is definitely the front assist warning just before its about to apply the brakes as it thinks you're about to hit something.

I've never had it on the motorway. I've had it once at work where it thought a speed bump in the road was something (its just after the road starts inclining). I've also had it when someone is turning off the road, there is nothing coming the other way and I've not slowed down (as either they'll be out of my way or I can go on the opposite side if not.).

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Worth mentioning, as this may indicate your driving as the culprit (sorry). Hopefully not.

When you are on the motorway, are you frequently getting an icon with 2 cars with an exclamation mark between? On my Virtual Cockpit It displays where the odometer mileage is displayed (or cruise control speed if that is turned on). It may display elsewhere on the newer VCs.

If so, that is telling you that you are too close to the car in front for the driver aids to be able to react and stop you driving in the back of the person in front if they slam on in an emergency.

Based on the driving I see on a regular basis, you maybe surprised at the distance you should be keeping.

RaVe

Oct 24, 2018
Worth mentioning, as this may indicate your driving as the culprit (sorry). Hopefully not.

When you are on the motorway, are you frequently getting an icon with 2 cars with an exclamation mark between? On my Virtual Cockpit It displays where the odometer mileage is displayed (or cruise control speed if that is turned on). It may display elsewhere on the newer VCs.

If so, that is telling you that you are too close to the car in front for the driver aids to be able to react and stop you driving in the back of the person in front if they slam on in an emergency.

Based on the driving I see on a regular basis, you maybe surprised at the distance you should be keeping.
I use the cruise alot on the motorway, i think the distance it ceates between you and the car in front is very good. Its also very good at braking if someone pulls in to this space. The warning has come up when cruise has been deactivated and i'm not close to car in front, or there isnt actually anything in front of me, or to the side. This has happened on the road at 30mph and on the motorway at 70mph

Yern

Apr 25, 2019

This is definitely (last minute!) collision warning, I had it activate this morning when the car in front pulled up quickly - fortunately I'd spotted what was going on and had the brake covered. During normal driving if you get too close to the car in front the warning mentioned in the above post also shows in the mileometer field on non virtual cockpit dash. Unfortunately its only very small and not that easy to spot without keep staring at the instruments hence the red warning/beep is last chance. I think you can adjust the radar sensitivity in the setup options on Infotainment?

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I use the cruise alot on the motorway, i think the distance it ceates between you and the car in front is very good. Its also very good at braking if someone pulls in to this space. The warning has come up when cruise has been deactivated and i'm not close to car in front, or there isnt actually anything in front of me, or to the side. This has happened on the road at 30mph and on the motorway at 70mph
In that case I’d get it booked in. Last thing you want is it going to the next stage and slamming the brakes on unexpectedly and someone driving in the back of you. Maybe best to disable Front Assist for the time being.

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
My mum has just got a new T-Roc that was doing the same thing, hers was particularly on motorways, I plugged in my OBD11 and saw calibration errors coming from the front assist sensor. It's now gone into VW for something else unrelated but they'll be fixing that as well.

As Damo says I'd take it in to Seat, it probably needs re-calibrating.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise