Stage 1 remap

Prau187

Dec 5, 2015
Hi folks just got my mk1 cupra r remapped by awesome gti it's got a apr map on it now and had a dyno run the bhp b4 the map was put on was at 216 bhp so take it ot has lost 9 bhp and after the map it has gone up to 233 bhp so not much of a gain hence it is a 14 year old car any info why it hasn't gain much bhp was hoping for 245 to 260 bhp on stage 1 thanks
7d4e92c95f2bd161feca04b60b8850f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: bigT's lcr

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Couple of obvious things ... what fuel did you put in it? And how hot was the weather?

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Try it with Vpower, We did lots of logging on my old MK3 Leon Stage 2 and it was pulling loads of timing using Momentum 99, few days later with a full tank of V-Power and it wasn't pulling anywhere near as much timing.

Prau187

Dec 5, 2015
Try it with Vpower, We did lots of logging on my old MK3 Leon Stage 2 and it was pulling loads of timing using Momentum 99, few days later with a full tank of V-Power and it wasn't pulling anywhere near as much timing.
I'll give that a try but just got a new issue the oil pressure light jus came on and went off changed the oil pump and cleaned the oil pickup pipe on my last service which was 2 months ago

Prau187

Dec 5, 2015
My main issue now is the oil pressure light jus beeped once and went off but was fine before the remap

Prau187

Dec 5, 2015
What did they tell you? They should have had some ideas while you were there I would have thought?
They did say that the age of the vehicle and turbo could play a part and may b a leak in the hoses

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Age might knock a few horsepower off, but not a full 30. Must be a little leak somewhere. Try a smoke test.

I'd also put fresh recirc and N75 on to it, unless they were changed in the last couple of years.

Prau187

Dec 5, 2015
Age might knock a few horsepower off, but not a full 30. Must be a little leak somewhere. Try a smoke test.

I'd also put fresh recirc and N75 on to it, unless they were changed in the last couple of years.
That's what I'm probably going to do a smoke test see of there is any leak and before the remap I got it dynod it was pushing 216 bhp so it lost like 9 bhp

Neil01Cupra

May 4, 2019
I'll give that a try but just got a new issue the oil pressure light jus came on and went off changed the oil pump and cleaned the oil pickup pipe on my last service which was 2 months ago

Try the oil pressure sensor switch that could cause oil light flashing just had to change mine

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Sounds like there is an issue there.
Age of car is less important than its life.
If it’s had a hard life then it will show in the figures.
V power can definitely add horses.
I’d have thought it would have had a smoke test prior to the mapping session.
When I mapped mine the first time it was pulling 215 standard and it was a struggle to get above 245 with a custom map.
Wouldn’t hold boost at full revs.
Turned out the turbo was a Chinese rip off from a Christmas cracker.
Additionally you don’t say what supporting mods are on the car.
Oversize TIP? Results vary from product to product.
Heat shield is important too.
Old fuel pump may play a part too.
Hope that helps.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Prau187

Dec 5, 2015
Sounds like there is an issue there.
Age of car is less important than its life.
If it’s had a hard life then it will show in the figures.
V power can definitely add horses.
I’d have thought it would have had a smoke test prior to the mapping session.
When I mapped mine the first time it was pulling 215 standard and it was a struggle to get above 245 with a custom map.
Wouldn’t hold boost at full revs.
Turned out the turbo was a Chinese rip off from a Christmas cracker.
Additionally you don’t say what supporting mods are on the car.
Oversize TIP? Results vary from product to product.
Heat shield is important too.
Old fuel pump may play a part too.
Hope that helps.

I was thinking that too why they didn't do a smoke test on my vehicle need to ring then up on monday and sort that out and mpds wise I've got a forge recirc valve, heat shield with ram air filter and milltek cat back exaust

Prau187

Dec 5, 2015
I've actually owned the car for about 3 years now and looking at the service book and receipts I can only see stuff like cam belt and oil pump replaced water pump too and regular maintenance etc so looks like the turbo has not been changed so it is 14 year old and guessing fuel pump too my previous garage did check for any leaks which he did find one and changed the hose but the car has had a new head put on in december due to the timing belt snapping

Prau187

Dec 5, 2015
Took it to the garage and put it on the ramp looked at the d
Flexi pipe and its leaking so looks like I'll be buying a decat 3 inch down pipe so I'm in the market for a milltek decat

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Grab a Badger5 oversize turbo inlet pipe.
If you use a decent one which improves flo you can see gains of up to about 8 ponies on average. Sometimes more.