Doncaster forum meet 01-09-19

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
@Slickric21 I've just seen your status that you have a Cupra R ST with the ABT upgrade... Fancy taking it for a drive to Doncaster on the 1st of September to see a bunch of forum members to have a look at the motor lol we like being nosey

Reactions: Yellow fr

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Hi there,

I have to admit I could be tempted. I don’t know any other Seat owners so it would be nice to meet a few.
Doncaster is a bit of a trek from Norfolk though.... the car would be filthy and covered in splattered insects by the time I got there !!

I’ll look into it :)

Deleted member 103408

If it helps you a number of us are going and will be staying in a hotel the night before ( so you will have time to clean the car again)

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Hi there,

I have to admit I could be tempted. I don’t know any other Seat owners so it would be nice to meet a few.
Doncaster is a bit of a trek from Norfolk though.... the car would be filthy and covered in splattered insects by the time I got there !!

I was born in Norwich and @Deano j1971 is a Norfolk boy as well so you'll be among friends haha its not all about a clean car lol let us know if you fancy it and I'll add you to the chat

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
Hi there,

@Slickric21, yeah Donny may be a bit of a trek from Nofolk but trust me you will not meet a better bunch of guys than these lot(don’t tell them I said that) Lol. I also wouldn’t worry about the car turning up dirty I can assure you we’ve seen worse @Maypack,@Damo H have won awards for having the dirtiest cars. Go on you know you want to tag along.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Legojon and Maypack

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Gents unfortunately I’ve done the old classic of agreeing to something without running it by the Leisure Time Police (sorry misspelt Wife ) who has ‘politely’ reminded me that we’re at a Wedding Anniversary on night of Sat 31st AND then a birthday party on 1st Sept starting at 1pm.

Sadly there is zero chance I’m going to be in a fit state to get to Doncaster by 10am and likewise get back to Norwich for 1pm. Shame as I’d really have liked to come up and meet some fellow Seat owners and show the car.

There is another chap who has an ABT Cupra R ST on the forum now, I’ve pinged him a PM to see where he is and told him to drop by this thread if he is interested.

Sorry I won’t be there. If anyone fancies a trip over to East Anglia for a jolly anytime give me a shout I’d be more than happy to show you the car.

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Deleted member 103408

Shame but swmbo manages all our lives.

There will be more meets and there is talk of one in norfolk (next year now i suspect)

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Gents unfortunately I’ve done the old classic of agreeing to something without running it by the Leisure Time Police (sorry misspelt Wife ) who has ‘politely’ reminded me that we’re at a Wedding Anniversary on night of Sat 31st AND then a birthday party on 1st Sept starting at 1pm.

Sadly there is zero chance I’m going to be in a fit state to get to Doncaster by 10am and likewise get back to Norwich for 1pm. Shame as I’d really have liked to come up and meet some fellow Seat owners and show the car.

There is another chap who has an ABT Cupra R ST on the forum now, I’ve pinged him a PM to see where he is and told him to drop by this thread if he is interested.

Sorry I won’t be there. If anyone fancies a trip over to East Anglia for a jolly anytime give me a shout I’d be more than happy to show you the car.
I go out in Norwich every few months for a few drinks with the lads even though it's 100 miles away haha I miss the Monk pub and it's random ales... If I remember correctly they do a cookie beer...

I think a few of the guys who hit the track nip over to East Anglia every so often (Snetterton I think) you should join them :)

Thanks for letting @Marko70 know about the meet, I guess you R ST owners have to stick together haha be nice to see your ST R and the R next to each other.

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Looking forward to this one. Betty's just had her rusty skirt fixed up in the body shop (rusty sills).

Will be good to see some extra cars, more MK2's the better. That MK3 lot can bugger off with their nice new cars...not jealous...honest.

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Reactions: bigT's lcr
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise