Shocking build quality

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Car in question is a 2018 on a 68 plate leon fr 1.5tsi

It just seems to me everytime i get into the car something else breaks / falls off.

So far

2x wheel bolt covers
2x rear trims that cover lights in the boot area. These kept falling off so i have just left them off
Bonnet area everytime you open the bonnet a plastic tab near the latch comes flying off. Fished it out of the engine bay twice now.

And to top it all off a couple of weeks ago in the red hot weather hopped into the car after work and noticed the speedo cluster has cracked in the bottom right hand corner.

Quite possibly the worst car i’ve owned for bits and bobs falling off. I think the quality is shocking. Even the carpets and mats are of rubbish quality

Not impressed and probably wont buy another seat ever again

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I came from a 10 year old 80k mile honda civic type r and nothing had fallen off it

Would take that car back in a heartbeat :(

Jamesb

Mar 26, 2017
Wheel covers falling off??? Hahaha

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Jamesb

Mar 26, 2017

It just seems to me everytime i get into the car something else breaks / falls off.

So far

2x wheel bolt covers
2x rear trims that cover lights in the boot area. These kept falling off so i have just left them off
Bonnet area everytime you open the bonnet a plastic tab near the latch comes flying off. Fished it out of the engine bay twice now.

And to top it all off a couple of weeks ago in the red hot weather hopped into the car after work and noticed the speedo cluster has cracked in the bottom right hand corner.

Quite possibly the worst car i’ve owned for bits and bobs falling off. I think the quality is shocking. Even the carpets and mats are of rubbish quality

Not impressed and probably wont buy another seat ever again
I feel as though you have been extremely unlucky as my leon has been spot on, OR you work for a competitor and are pushing brand damaging comments

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I feel as though you have been extremely unlucky as my leon has been spot on, OR you work for a competitor and are pushing brand damaging comments

Im an electrician i certainly do not work for a competitor.

I would upload a picture of my car but since photobucket now charge money to upload i dont know what to use

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Here is the detail of how to upload. https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....externally-and-uploading-to-the-forum.446438/

I presume its under warranty so get it back to the dealer and ask them to fix it.
Still cant manage it

Yes went today and showed them all the bits falling off. I knew with the cluster being cracked they would try and squirm out of it and say i broke it. So we will have to wait on that one. Never broke a cluster in all my life so i will take that personal if they try and fob me off

Marko70

Jul 6, 2019
I've just swapped from Skoda Octavia to Seat, 1st thing I noticed is the Seat is not as solid as the Skoda was, would I swap back? no way! but I do plan on putting plenty of sound deadening products into my new car to make the interior that little bit more nice ☺

Yern

Apr 25, 2019

Shame this has soured your opinion. My first Seat, its great and I love it. I also had the bonnet clip issue, the first time it happened I 'reshaped' it by bending so it clipped in properly. No trouble with it since when opening the bonnet.

Deleted member 103408

Just put a bit of electrical tape over the nut and they dont fall off but can still be pulled off with the tool provided.

Reactions: '& Son' managed

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Funny that my original covers are all still tight on my bolts, never lost any, and had tyres changed as well as 3 punctures over the 5 years. Another case of the older model having better build, as I am still rattle free and drives and looks like new.

Deleted member 103408

Yes have to agree with you there.

I changed my covers only because I wanted red ones but again they have all stayed on with no problem.

Reactions: Seastormer

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Still cant manage it

Yes went today and showed them all the bits falling off. I knew with the cluster being cracked they would try and squirm out of it and say i broke it. So we will have to wait on that one. Never broke a cluster in all my life so i will take that personal if they try and fob me off

You could try the Tapatalk app and then log into seatcupra.net on there then you have a icon to tap that takes you to your photos on your device and that just tap which one you want to add then pick your size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
The wheel it caps are known for coming off and seats are known to rattle and creek lol , most can be googled and fixed by yourself though as Seat only normally cover the first 6 months plus it's always agg going to main dealers with rattles as they try to say it's characteristic , I had GTI performance and that also had it's fair share of creeks , from my own experience my Audi A6 Avant Ultra was by far the best but I suppose you'd expect that.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
The wheel it caps are known for coming off and seats are known to rattle and creek lol , most can be googled and fixed by yourself though as Seat only normally cover the first 6 months plus it's always agg going to main dealers with rattles as they try to say it's characteristic , I had GTI performance and that also had it's fair share of creeks , from my own experience my Audi A6 Avant Ultra was by far the best but I suppose you'd expect that.

From reading owners experiences on many VAG forums of build quality issues, it does seem to be a bit of a lottery whether or not a car will have the dreaded creaks and rattles. I’d always be reluctant to let the dealer try and cure them though, as I don’t like the idea of a dealer ripping pieces of trim out of a car of mine to cure them, only to create more creaks and rattles, and perhaps scratch and damage the interior trim in the process.

I had an Audi TT as a courtesy car when my (then) mk6 Golf GTD was in at the dealers for its annual service. The dealer I use has 3 of the 4 main VAG brands on the one site (they don’t have Skoda), so it was always a bit of a lottery what you’d get as a courtesy car. It was nice to have something a bit different for the day, but the TT had more creaks and rattles than any VAG car I’ve owned - so Audi’s aren’t immune from unwanted, annoying interior noises, even though they’re considered to be the ‘premium’ brand of the four VAG brands. I was happy to hand it back and get into my creak-free, rattle-free VW.