Shocking build quality

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I've owned 2 Seats, Leon mk3 just rattles here and there, sorted by dealer with foam thingi in the doors. I never had anything fall off, or break...all 5 wheel nuts covers were there...Ibiza..perfect...no rattles too...and all wheel nut covers still there from day 1 till return. No rattles either...

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
Car in question is a 2018 on a 68 plate leon fr 1.5tsi

It just seems to me everytime i get into the car something else breaks / falls off.

So far

2x wheel bolt covers
2x rear trims that cover lights in the boot area. These kept falling off so i have just left them off
Bonnet area everytime you open the bonnet a plastic tab near the latch comes flying off. Fished it out of the engine bay twice now.

And to top it all off a couple of weeks ago in the red hot weather hopped into the car after work and noticed the speedo cluster has cracked in the bottom right hand corner.

Quite possibly the worst car i’ve owned for bits and bobs falling off. I think the quality is shocking. Even the carpets and mats are of rubbish quality

Not impressed and probably wont buy another seat ever again

As has been stated, a bit of insulation tape will fix the wheel bolt caps - and the same tape can be used to
wrap around the clips of the boot trim pieces to stop them moving/falling out easily enough, although this
hasn't been an issue on 'our' Leon.

Both very minor 'quality' faults as it goes compared to something like a leak, untraceable rattle or electrical
malfunction and not enough to slate it as a poor car.

Have to agree that the carpets and mats aren't brilliant quality, (not as good as my 9-year-old Proton) but the
Leon's are included as standard and are at least better than the shockingly poor mats fitted to my Missus' 2017
Citroen, which otherwise seems to be finished to a similar standard to the Leon, (not fantastic, but a good
average by modern standards)

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
From reading owners experiences on many VAG forums of build quality issues, it does seem to be a bit of a lottery whether or not a car will have the dreaded creaks and rattles. I’d always be reluctant to let the dealer try and cure them though, as I don’t like the idea of a dealer ripping pieces of trim out of a car of mine to cure them, only to create more creaks and rattles, and perhaps scratch and damage the interior trim in the process.

I had an Audi TT as a courtesy car when my (then) mk6 Golf GTD was in at the dealers for its annual service. The dealer I use has 3 of the 4 main VAG brands on the one site (they don’t have Skoda), so it was always a bit of a lottery what you’d get as a courtesy car. It was nice to have something a bit different for the day, but the TT had more creaks and rattles than any VAG car I’ve owned - so Audi’s aren’t immune from unwanted, annoying interior noises, even though they’re considered to be the ‘premium’ brand of the four VAG brands. I was happy to hand it back and get into my creak-free, rattle-free VW.

Your right it is a lottery and maybe it was because mine was an newer A6 but in my case it was leaps ahead of all 3 mk7 golfs I've owned and even better again than the Seats , plus when I drove over bumps in the A6 it was just a distant thud and not like someone shaking a bag of Smarties in my ear lol.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Shame this has soured your opinion. My first Seat, its great and I love it. I also had the bonnet clip issue, the first time it happened I 'reshaped' it by bending so it clipped in properly. No trouble with it since when opening the bonnet.
Same here with the bonnet clip thing, it fell onto the air filter casing (1.4ACT engine) when I went to close the bonnet, took me a year to find out where it went, LOL.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.