Goodyear F1A5's ?

Big Col

Nov 5, 2013
North Ayrshire
Tyre time for me again soon, I'll be requiring 4 this time.

I see there is a new Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 5 available, anybody tried them?

I have used F1A3's and PS4's in the past.

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
No, but tyre reviews has just done an excellent comparison. Bear in mind, as he says, this is on a RWD car your results may vary.
I'm still going to PS4S as the price of the Goodyears is the same here. If they were noticeably cheaper I'd be tempted.

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
No, but tyre reviews has just done an excellent comparison. Bear in mind, as he says, this is on a RWD car your results may vary.
I'm still going to PS4S as the price of the Goodyears is the same here. If they were noticeably cheaper I'd be tempted.
Yeah I agree, if they had priced them below the PS4S to make it noticeable I'd give them a try but can't see me moving from the PS4S at that price

Big Col

Nov 5, 2013
North Ayrshire
I'm on the cooking PS4 version not the 4S

I usually use Blackcircles and the prices are pretty much the same - PS4 v F1A5. The Michelin price is about £10 dearer but they usually have promo codes to bring the price down. Currently showing 10% off the PS4's today, for example.

Jamesb

Mar 26, 2017
I have a new 17" set for just over a week now
Happy so far, new tyres always better!
I was down to less than 3mm before on assy 3 and really noticed lack of grip from standing.
They are are reasonably comfortable and grip very well in wet and dry.
Noise is ok, i think leons are lacking in this area tho, even with extra sound deadening installed.
Good rim protection.
I had standard load fitted this time, XL was overkill for this car, and needed higher pressures to stop bad wear, so standards more comfortable as a result.
Got mine fully fitted for around 75 pc

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Jamesb

Mar 26, 2017
I would say if going for sporty though the ps4s seem to be the go to tyres
However if you're after comfort, mpg, low wear etc you might consider other tyres not as highly speed rated for example, all depends on your needs!
Its easy to get into buying racey tyres when you just commute and have a bit of fun now n again

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.