1.4 TSI ACT 150HP Stage 1 experiences

S7Studio

Jul 10, 2019
Hi,

I'm considering doing a stage 1 with this one. Anyone have any advice, experience or things i should look out for? What are your figures after remap? Any comments are much appreciated!

Cheers

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
As with any remap of a vehicle, it has the potential to highlight any current issues and will put increased wear on the drivetrain. As such, it's important to properly keep the engine maintained.

That being said, I have remapped my 1.4Tsi ACT, and got 176bhp and 225ft/lb or torque. It drives lovely and the power delivery is smooth. There is a marked difference from before the remap.

Reactions: S7Studio

S7Studio

Jul 10, 2019
As with any remap of a vehicle, it has the potential to highlight any current issues and will put increased wear on the drivetrain. As such, it's important to properly keep the engine maintained.

That being said, I have remapped my 1.4Tsi ACT, and got 176bhp and 225ft/lb or torque. It drives lovely and the power delivery is smooth. There is a marked difference from before the remap.

Sounds great, how long ago did you do it?

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife

What map do you have? Ta.

afcajax73

Jun 9, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
I've been looking into this for a few weeks now. The only common problem I can see which some custom mappers seem to fall foul of is regarding the injectors. Apparently the 1.4Tsi ACT engine is quite prone to running 'lean' if the mapper isn't careful. Most places I've contacted for info regarding a map have suggested upgrading the injectors as an addition to the map.

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
I've been looking into this for a few weeks now. The only common problem I can see which some custom mappers seem to fall foul of is regarding the injectors. Apparently the 1.4Tsi ACT engine is quite prone to running 'lean' if the mapper isn't careful. Most places I've contacted for info regarding a map have suggested upgrading the injectors as an addition to the map.

JBS did my map, they didn't say anything about injectors. They were more concerned about only upping the boost to a certain limit, in comparison to other mappers who push it beyond this limit to achieve more power. As far as I'm aware they have done plenty of 1.4's without issue previous to me and since I had mine done.

In regards to having the car mapped, it has been perfect since having it done. it drives superb, I recently took it on a track too and had no issues the whole time I was on there.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members