Clock, trip distance/avg.consumption occasionally reset

bmibmc

Apr 17, 2019
Hi all! Ibiza 1.0tsi, 95HP, 2018, 10kkm
I have had reset of clock and trip data upon turning the car on in two occasions (84xx and 100xx km). I found arona forum on the net with people complaining about the same and info that Seat have no clue how to solve it)
There was no interruption during cranking, nor cabin lights or multimedia made hiccup. All I could see after car start was clock being set on 00:00 and trip distance (and other trip data) set to zeroes. Date was fine, various settings also (lighting intensity settings, sound settings etc)

Anyone else with the issue? Thanks!

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Dillon Lawrence

Jun 24, 2018
Yes. Seems to happen every few weeks or so.

Thought it was the battery but maybe not. I'll tell them when it's getting serviced as it means having to set the clock each time.

bmibmc

Apr 17, 2019
It is annoying...
I would guess something with anlaser is wrong as it happens after cranking (in mine case)
Also, if you have Sat Nav, Seat recommends manual, not GPS set time... (read on other forum)

bmibmc

Apr 17, 2019
No, I don't have GPS nav.

Every time it had happened, I opened 5th door first. Others?

bmibmc

Apr 17, 2019
I was on service today and asked about this issue. Factory didn't come out with resolution

Cristian CH

Mar 19, 2018
It happened to me too. Can you tell me if you used apple car play just before reset? (I suspect a car module is left on and uses the battery.)
Any news would be welcome.

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
This happened to me too, on my leon.

The long term driving data seems to reset every couple of hundred miles. even through my trip computer is showing 2,500 miles since my last service and i haven't touched the reset button.

The most annoying part is the the data resets more often than the data "since last refuel". The long term data doesn't seem relevant anymore.

Cristian CH

Mar 19, 2018
I tried to reproduce the same steps and leave the car overnight and I think indeed the battery drained. I got an "ignition on" alert just before starting the car, no trip meter reset but higher fuel consumption for the same daily commute (the battery needed a bit of recharging?!).
I used waze on apple carplay stopped the car and then disconnected my phone. This seems to create a bug on the car software and drain battery. I could buy a voltmeter and log the battery voltage in different scenarios but this seems to much hassle for a car in warranty.
Also this issue can leave you stranded (happed to us) because in 48hours it can drain the battery until it wont even start and the alarm will stop working. Luckily we had 2 years free AA support.

bmibmc

Apr 17, 2019
I don't use Apple car but Android car. I use AA often but the issue happened even if my wife drives car only (her phone isn't connected at all).
I would rule out battery drain as car started normally every time. I have multimeter and did checked battery voltage as faulty battery was my 1st guess, too.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.