Remap Stage 1 Figures

ghostbustertab

Jun 21, 2016
Hi all,
can i have everyone's opinion please
I had a remap done yesterday (Cupra 290 16 plate)
saying i got 320-330 and 40nm added torque is that low ? as i'm comparing against other people i see people getting 340-380 bhp and an extra 110nm torque, is the company i've used playing it far to safe ?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Will also depend on their dyno... and I don't know about there, but here it was the hottest day of the year so far, that won't have helped.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Only thing a dyno is really good for is comparing cars on the same day. But you’d expect 355-360 from a 290 engine in good health.

Racingline quote 365 for a 300.

Who did the map and how much did you pay?

Reactions: LouG

ray

Jan 7, 2016
Surely they fine a stock run first to actually see the gains..?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sisqo_uk

Nov 9, 2017
On paper that’s a weak remap. Even if the go gain was safe. The torque headroom should be much bigger.

Other than that. It should be rather substantial driving difference. Those figures are what I’d expect from a 1.4. In fact I’ve had more gains from the torque side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ghostbustertab

Jun 21, 2016
Sadly no before figures but we drove on an actual road no Dyno and he tweaked the map for oil temp, boost, gear revs

Butty

Sep 7, 2018
How did he get a dyno readout without running on a dyno?
Probably from the gms/sec air mass rate and referencing that to dyno work that the tuner has done before. If they've done a lot of tuning then its no less accurate than jumping from dyno to dyno as mods are added rather than just using a single reference dyno for all work.

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
Only thing a dyno is really good for is comparing cars on the same day. But you’d expect 355-360 from a 290 engine in good health.

Racingline quote 365 for a 300.

Who did the map and how much did you pay?

280,290,300 and R are all exactly the same engine and will all tune to around the same figure , a 280 and 300 with a revo stage 1 would be the same as the only difference between them all is a slight map from factory.

Reactions: Butty

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Sadly no before figures but we drove on an actual road no Dyno and he tweaked the map for oil temp, boost, gear revs

Sounds like hes had your pants down to be honest, used an Android/iPhone app for "dyno" and probably flashed a file to your car that has cost him about £20 off the internet, hes then sat there with a hexadecimal editor open making it look like hes doing something but very much doubt he was.

That will have cost you £150-200 which is far better value than the likes of APR/REVO/Racingline ...

Not to say that is exactly what has happened but its starting to sound like it again.

A before dyno is needed, even if the car is supposed to be 300 and only reads 280 on that dyno, it gives you a before and after figure, expect the finished figure to be 20 less than the expected.

Reactions: LouG

ghostbustertab

Jun 21, 2016
Sounds like hes had your pants down to be honest, used an Android/iPhone app for "dyno" and probably flashed a file to your car that has cost him about £20 off the internet, hes then sat there with a hexadecimal editor open making it look like hes doing something but very much doubt he was.

That will have cost you £150-200 which is far better value than the likes of APR/REVO/Racingline ...

Not to say that is exactly what has happened but its starting to sound like it again.

A before dyno is needed, even if the car is supposed to be 300 and only reads 280 on that dyno, it gives you a before and after figure, expect the finished figure to be 20 less than the expected.

I'll question him when I next see them and I'll ask for a graph

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Based where? that name has been used loads of places. My guess is Telford? deffo looks like the kind of place that has bought a load of software of the internet.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members