another brembo sub8 problem, help

gof

Oct 10, 2016
Croatia
Hy guys.

Well yesterday after cca. 13k miles I went to my local after horrible noise and shaking my car started to make while braking. As we all know it is a well known problem with the sub8 pack and almost every car with them had warped discs after a while. Mine is really bad and car is not safe for driving, it is very unstable while braking even at 60mph.

Local dealer rejected me immediately blaming me for incorrect use and hard braking when not needed. They even wanted to charge me working hours even though car is under warranty. What's most bizarre is they did not even contact the factory or the supplier which is a must when it comes to warranty work. Factory apparently replied this morning a day after dealer already rejected me but I yet have to see that mail.

Next step now is filing a complaint against the dealer. What I need from you and would really help me as I know many of you had the same issue if you could please reply to this thread and write what happened to you so it makes it obvious it's not a individual problem down to driving style of single customer but a problem well known with customers all around. I am very thankful for all help I can get and will keep you updated on what happens next.

silky16v

#VagDoctor
Jan 26, 2017
No issues with mine, but i regularly remove the disc and clean out the drill holes and i've also replaced the the garbage stock pads for Ferodo DS performance type

gof

Oct 10, 2016
Croatia
Thanks for the reply but I need scenarios only with stock pads just the way it comes from the factory.
Cleaning the disc and removing it or changing the pads to aftermarket was not mentioned in the contract therefore it's not important to me. Normal brake performance is excepted while this is clearly a fail in the production.

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
Hy guys.

Local dealer rejected me immediately blaming me for incorrect use and hard braking when not needed. They even wanted to charge me working hours even though car is under warranty. What's most bizarre is they did not even contact the factory or the supplier which is a must when it comes to warranty work. Factory apparently replied this morning a day after dealer already rejected me but I yet have to see that mail.
The brakes are designed and marketed as higher performance option, your dealer cannot claim that they're not designed for "hard" use.

Ask him for evidence in writing for his belief that you caused the problem.

Reactions: gof

JayClarke

Apr 18, 2018
Derby
I've never had an issue with warped discs in the 27k they've done.

The only issue I did have was the squealing at low speed which is caused by the OEM pads - it's a common issue across other VAG cars that are using this setup, there's a fair few topics on the TTRS/RS forums.

I changed mine to EBC Red Stuff, going off their recommendations and I've had no issues since.

wms_F1

Jul 10, 2018
Not much help I know, but I've had no issues to date with mine. My car is now on 48k, and Im fairly certain that its on the original discs.

Funnily enough though, at the last MOT the tester asked if I had any vibration when braking as the computer picked up a slight vibration, but at present nothing can be felt when driving!

I suspect its will be discs and pads time soon! :cry:

Deleted member 103408

cupra14

Aug 31, 2017
England
They don't seem to be fit for purpose yet are expensive. Figure out what you want - both now and longer term - that is reasonable and put it to them calmly but firmly, if needs be in a letter (or email/txt) so you have a record. If you get nowhere, fill in a Claim Form e.g. https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/

gof

Oct 10, 2016
Croatia
Thank you all for your info and help.
While I try to work out this with the dealer could anyone recommend me what aftermarket disc and pads to buy if this doesn’t work out? Just to see how much all of this is going to cost me because I really want to avoid these oem ones unless the warranty works out, which I doubt now but we’ll see.

Deleted member 103408

There are a few suggestions in the links I gave you, also in terms of money saving it may be possible to have the disk's skimmed and change your pads so it does not re occur in the short term.