Krafty's Ibiza FR 1.8 20vT

Krafty_Bizkit

Mar 15, 2019
South London
Hey everyone, only had the car a week and the mods have started so thought I would get my RR up and running. I have a 2006 Ibiza FR 1.8 20vT in grey, 64k on the clock and full service history. I bought the car stock but that will not last long.

Here she is the day I bought her. Haven't named her yet...

upSgIX5.jpg

Mods list
This will be updated as things progress

Exterior
De-badged boot
Carbon wrapped mirrors with FR logos

Interior
JVC headunit
Pioneer Active sub

Reactions: bigT's lcr

Krafty_Bizkit

Mar 15, 2019
South London
First mod was to remove the boot badges. I have kept the FR badge for now but will be doing something with those later

YKYl2S8.jpg

The paint on the mirrors was looking a bit tatty so had a go at wrapping them in carbon vinyl. This was my first ever attempt at this and it came out ok. Will probably re-do this once I get better at it. Also added some white FR logos to the mirrors too

c2UYixI.jpg

While driving about this weekend the car has developed a grumbling from the front suspension, particularly noticeable at low speeds and turning the wheel. I have now ordered a set of coilovers and adjustable drop links, may also get a polybush kit and new top mounts (if the coilovers don't come with new ones)

Krafty_Bizkit

Mar 15, 2019
South London
A small update for this gloomy Saturday. I am still waiting on a few bits before fitting my coilovers but still wanted to do something. I managed to pick up an acrylic bung for the read wiper so did the wiper delete today. Looks good and will really tidy up the hatch once the window tints are done. Need to clean and polish the glass around the hole but can't do that until the silicone sealant has dried.

90NuPrO.jpg

Krafty_Bizkit

Mar 15, 2019
South London
My ECS Tuning dogbone mount arrived today from Awesome GTi so will be fitting this weekend. No more wobbly engine :)

Also bought front & rear dash cams after someone decided to key the car last weekend (and of course whoever smacked into the back of it while parked outside my house)

Busy weekend ahead

rGI5yfv.jpg

Krafty_Bizkit

Mar 15, 2019
South London
Well the dogbone mount wont fit my Ibiza so I need to look around for a different one. At least I now know what I am looking for lol.

Today was not all lost though, decided to have a go at using Plastidip. Ordered a few cans of purple a few days ago and went to town on the wheels. I think they look pretty decent.

pMzMa9b.jpg

These wheels will need to be replaced soon as they are in a pretty rough state but for now I am liking this :)

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
They look beauty mate, did you use the plasti dip clear coat n glossifier? Thinking of doing this myself in black.

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
Yeah did 4 coats of the purple and then 2 coats of the glossifier. Think they could do with 1 more coat of glossifier to up the shine a bit
Interesting :think: where your alloys in good nick? Mine have corrosion and paint flake so i think id have to dremel and smooth out with filler

Krafty_Bizkit

Mar 15, 2019
South London
Interesting :think: where your alloys in good nick? Mine have corrosion and paint flake so i think id have to dremel and smooth out with filler
My alloys are in a real state, hence choosing plastidip. I plan to replace them next year so this was just a quick freshen up. If you are looking to keep yours I would say do a decent refurb on them then get the plastidip out.

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
My alloys are in a real state, hence choosing plastidip. I plan to replace them next year so this was just a quick freshen up. If you are looking to keep yours I would say do a decent refurb on them then get the plastidip out.
Sorry too much bling for my liking, but I am a very old bloke :no: