Fog light pushed in bumper

Alorjosh

Apr 23, 2019
East Anglia
Hit a bird on a road today. Fog light was pushed back into bumper. Don’t look as anything has snapped but struggling to relocate it from bottom and under. Any tips?? Or pictures of a complete fog unit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
You probably would need a lift for that, but...

- wheel out
- remove the front portion of the wheel liner (it has a million screws, many under and deep - hence the lift)
- reach from wheel well into foglight and push it
- ...profit!

But, but... You don't specify which car/trim

I don't think the Cupra (like mine) can be reached any other way, but for my girlfriend's Ibiza FR, you pop out with a trim removal tool the surrounding trim to the fog light and then there are screws holding the light assembly in.
After you remove the screws you can reach it, change bulbs, etc.

Saying this, I am now thinking if the light assembly support did not break for you.
You might need to disassemble a bit and then glue it and hope it holds in place.

In case it helps, here is a video of me doing it on her Ibiza FR:

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
The facelift cupra fog light is screwed to the bumper and sadly removing the rear arch liner won’t give you access to the back of it as there is an extra piece of plastic that sits behind it (separates the ducting to the brakes from the light. Not sure if the FR is the same behind the bumper.

14080FFE-42B3-464E-98D7-7889523958A8.jpeg

Alorjosh

Apr 23, 2019
East Anglia
Trim is removed from front. Luckily the lads from trc got it 90% back in when they fitted my splitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk