EEPROM Coding.

• Thread starter Deleted member 103408
  • Start date

Deleted member 103408

Then next release of OBD11 Will support EEPROM coding.

I am aware there are a number of tools that do this already and just wondered if anybody has any good sites to help with coding on the Leon MK3.

FYI for those not aware of this.
EEPROM function will let you read internal control unit memory and change parameters which is not possible to change by use coding or adaptations.It requires professional knowledge so use this function very carefully!

Deleted member 103408

Dont know, but i know there is stuff that is possible to change that you need tools like VCP to enable but up till now OBD11 did not support.

This is changing and I am trying to get my head round what it can do.

What i am pretty sure about at this time is its more powerfull but at the same time more dangerous hence I am looking for sites to give me greater understanding before i start thinking about making changes. But I may just be wrong, Again trying to get more info.

Reactions: Jaco2k

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
This site is good for VCP coding (with a bit of google translate):

https://www.stemei.de/pages/coding.php

I find it worthwhile looking at the latest and/or high end models, in addition to the Leon specific ones, as the features usually filter their way onto later iterations of our less well specced VAG stablemates.

Might also be worth reaching out to a couple of posters on the different VAG forums:

Andyvee on Briskoda
DJAlix on Audi-Sport

Seem fairly clued up on the VCP possibilities. Probably others on VW/Mk7 forums but I’m not a lurker on those I’m afraid.

To be honest, I’m a little out of touch as I need to purchase a new Ross Tech cable, as I can’t code my Cupra or A3 at present - will probably bite the bullet when back from my hols.

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Amongst other things will offer the ability to flash files to ECU so in theory people like APR, REVO, Racinline will be able to email you updates and you can flash them yourself.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members