dash and footwell lights

Rockbox

Apr 6, 2018
Hi,
My seat seems to turn on the footwell lights and turn off the dash lights (Speedo and rev counter) when the headlights are turned on.
It doesn't seem to matter if the lights are on auto or you do it manually.

Is this normal?
Thanks

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
I expect footwell lights and dash lights to be on with the exterior system, door trim lights too, auto or manual, what are the brightness levels in the set up at? Could the footwell be at max and dash at minimum meaning you notice one and not the other?
Hope this makes sense.

Rockbox

Apr 6, 2018
The settings for all the interior lights are at 100%. As said the footwell lights and instrument panel lights and all roof lights do come on when you unlock the car and get in it's just when I'm driving along and sidelights/headlights off then the instrument panel is illuminated and footwell lights off but if you turn on sidelights/headlights either manually of it it gets dark enough for them to turn on automatically then the instrument panel lights go out and the footwell lights come on.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
The settings for all the interior lights are at 100%. As said the footwell lights and instrument panel lights and all roof lights do come on when you unlock the car and get in it's just when I'm driving along and sidelights/headlights off then the instrument panel is illuminated and footwell lights off but if you turn on sidelights/headlights either manually of it it gets dark enough for them to turn on automatically then the instrument panel lights go out and the footwell lights come on.
If it's getting dark, and you are adjusting the lights manually, the instrument panel display will dim and go off as it gets dark if you don't switch on dipped headlights. Just to clarify, when the instrument panel lights go out, is this with sidelights on or dipped headlights.
If you just have sidelights on, then it's the car telling you to switch on the headlights.
If you have switched on the headlights, then I don't know - sounds like a fault (possibly a faulty sensor?)

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Are the dash lights set to minimum? I've had this where the dash lights have been set to minimum (night time setting) so in day light (lights off) the dash is full illumination but at night (lights on) the dash is dim. If this is the case...adjust dash night setting up.

Rockbox

Apr 6, 2018
Hi,
Yes the dash, footwell and door illumination are at 100% it sounds like seat Graham the dash and footwell lights are off when light are off or on sidelights but come on when the light switch is in the auto and dipped position.
Thanks.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.