Engine judder and vibration

GaryPL

Apr 27, 2019
Hello,

I am hoping to find out a bit more about the characteristics of the 1.4 ACT engine and DSG. When I bought my Leon a couple of months ago, I took it back because it would judder slightly after a cold start until it was well warmed up. This judder when stationary stops when the car's fully warmed up.

But since its visit to the stealer, it has also started slightly juddering at the point I am coming to a stop, for example at traffic lights - maybe from about 5mph or less. I am certain it's not the road surface as it won't do it if I knock the car into neutral just before stopping.

Additionally, there's what I see as a fair bit of engine vibration and jerkiness when setting off - particularly uphill or when I want to make a quick getaway at some traffic lights. It just doesn't feel at all refined. And at motorway cruising speeds and when putting my foot down when moving, I feel as though I can feel/hear a low level deep vibration and it doesn't sound 'right' to me.

I think I've also heard a couple of clonks over speed bumps but can't be certain as it has only happened a couple of times and I wasn't listening out for it. So this could be my imagination!

How smooth is the 1.4 ACT/DSG set up please? I appreciate the DSG can be jerky but I am concerned mine is too jerky. I want to be prepared/armed with any information I can before I start an argument with the stealer. It wouldn't be the first one I've had a battle with unfortunately. I went as far as a legal challenge with Ford trading under Trust Ford! It resulted in them writing aggressive solicitors' letters before eventually backing down. I really can't face walking along this path again!

Sorry for the long post, but this problem and getting the dealer to take it seriously, along with a couple of other minor issues, really is taking the shine off of what's turning out to be a great car.

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Hi what mileage?
If really bad possible engine mount.
Mine judder a bit sometimes when idle on red light or start the engine and immediately put in reverse and drive.idle judder another cars do same. mine facelift and more engine vibration than my girlfriend pre facelift same act engine.

GaryPL

Apr 27, 2019
Hi what mileage?
If really bad possible engine mount.
Mine judder a bit sometimes when idle on red light or start the engine and immediately put in reverse and drive.idle judder another cars do same. mine facelift and more engine vibration than my girlfriend pre facelift same act engine.

Hello - thanks. It has roughly 16,000 miles - 18 plate.

I did wonder whether it was an engine mount but never having had an automatic/semi-auto before, I wasn't sure whether I'm just being sensitive to it.

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Engine mount very soft but fairly necessary. I was fitted powerflex mount insert and really vibrated the engine/body.had to remove after 2 weeks.first dsg but i like it. I had electric car,bmw zf and mercedes 7g gearboxes. Mercedes was the worst crap and i like dsg after getting use to.
1.4 act sometimes feel misfire a bit but I believe normal lean mode or something else.
Service will check my car 1 week later but around your mileage i think 2000ish misfire number in computer since new normal.