MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Andyt127

Jul 24, 2019
Not sure if I’d appreciate them taking it to any old car wash with the potential for wrecked paint and swirl marks.

I know what you mean, and it did concern me when he said it, but it looks to be unscathed... I would have given him a bucket and sponge if he'd asked.

Edp33

May 29, 2019
Just went to check my interior sun guard / vanity mirror drivers side and it is shattered glass , didn’t think to check that in the inspection only got the car last wed ! Could the heat cause this I haven’t touched it ... Nationwide spoke to dealership who said they can't do anything of course as should have spotted it in delivery note check. Now got to find a replacement part, bit getting it from the dealers is going to be costly. If anyone has any ideas / sources for one please let me know

https://imgshare.io/image/nV4wg
nV4wg

Last edited:

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
Just went to check my interior sun guard / vanity mirror drivers side and it is shattered glass , didn’t think to check that in the inspection only got the car last wed ! Could the heat cause this I haven’t touched it ... Nationwide spoke to dealership who said they can't do anything of course as should have spotted it in delivery note check. Now got to find a replacement part, bit getting it from the dealers is going to be costly. If anyone has any ideas / sources for one please let me know

nV4wg
Phone seat customer services and tell them it’s just not good enough. How can you realistically check every last inch of the car upon handover?

Reactions: Edp33

azBones

Jul 16, 2019
West Yorkshire
Ordered on 2nd July and confirmed BW29 and received confirmation that build had been completed on 17th July, just waiting on an update regarding expected date that car should arrive in UK! Does anyone know whether the car is MY19 or MY20?

bgb

Jan 22, 2019

nV4wg

https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/22046-sun-visor-mirror-cracked/

This may help you with at least a cheaper option!

Reactions: Edp33

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Ordered on 2nd July and confirmed BW29 and received confirmation that build had been completed on 17th July, just waiting on an update regarding expected date that car should arrive in UK! Does anyone know whether the car is MY19 or MY20?
What did you order,I would imagine my19 I have just been told 29th October is my build week and I ordered 10th July My20

TimT

Jul 18, 2019
My dealer told me that all production weeks starting from W29 or W30, cant remember which, will come as MY20 so yours should be aswell.

Reactions: azBones

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
My dealer told me that all production weeks starting from W29 or W30, cant remember which, will come as MY20 so yours should be aswell.
What does w28 and w29 mean is that hownthe cars are organised to be built ?

TimT

Jul 18, 2019
Do you know if MY20 received any updates from MY19?
I don't know about the UK but for LHD cars in EU there weren't too many changes for Leon, main one was something like a new color being available for speccing. Lack of significant updates also makes sense because of the upcoming MK4.

Edp33

May 29, 2019
Thanks for the feedback about the Mirror.
Round 1) Rang Nationwide who spoke to JCT 600 Bradford refused to do anything as signed the checklist
Round 2) Rang Seat Customer Service who can't do anything themselves, but who will speak to JCT 600 and get an update

The checklist by nationwide doesn't including checking the vanity mirrors ! If the dealership still refuse to do anything not sure what options I have left to do. Thanks for the link above of the cheaper alternative, but just frustrated as it's only 1 week since I had it. On top of that if they do agree to fix it, the Bradford dealership is 2 hours from me.

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Hello everyone,

I placed an order for a Cupra 290 using Leasing Options on 15th July. I was quoted a lead time of 14-16 weeks.

On Friday I received an email to sign the finance documents through Leaseplan, is this normal? I was expecting this much nearer to the delivery date?

JamesP1992

Aug 19, 2016
Hello everyone,

I placed an order for a Cupra 290 using Leasing Options on 15th July. I was quoted a lead time of 14-16 weeks.

On Friday I received an email to sign the finance documents through Leaseplan, is this normal? I was expecting this much nearer to the delivery date?

Yep same here! I ordered my new 290 with leasing options on 10th July and was told to expect October delivery. I got a link through to leaseplan to sign my contracts on the 18th July and then got an email from one of the customer service reps on 22nd July telling me the dealership is expecting my car on 16/08 but not to rely on this date too much. I have heard nothing since.....

pavarotti1980

Jul 18, 2017
I requested a 12 month extension quote from Seat/VW FS for my Cupra 300 adding an extra 10,000 miles to existing 20,000 mile 24 month contract.

Just received the quote and they want £426 per month. That is compared to paying £259 per month currently (1+23)

Goodbye Leon and welcome to a random shed for a while

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Yep same here! I ordered my new 290 with leasing options on 10th July and was told to expect October delivery. I got a link through to leaseplan to sign my contracts on the 18th July and then got an email from one of the customer service reps on 22nd July telling me the dealership is expecting my car on 16/08 but not to rely on this date too much. I have heard nothing since.....
Really, that soon... that would be good! What colour/spec did you order?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.