CUPRA Driving Experience

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Porsche experience at Silverstone is still there. maybe Cupra are borrowing the track for the day, I will find out.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Yeh its a pretty good setup, I skipped all the other stuff last time and did about 74 laps, was lapping a lot quicker than old guys out in GT3 RS etc and I was only in a 718 Cayman S with ceramic brakes.

Reactions: Maypack

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
Nice one! When I ordered my Cupra R in 2004, we had VIP tickets to the BTCC at Silverstone, lunch with Jason Plato, free booze all day and access to the pit garage - Plato won two of the races as well - great day!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: LouG

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Picked up some info on what’s happening on the day
f4f57d6570543b2c84612769ce4009ec.jpg

Looking forward to this is an understatement
24968e8c1b035cad0021b2e81cdfce3a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
Funnily enough, I went on a BMW track day years ago despite having a Prelude, but I did know the local BMW dealer quite well.
It was great fun shredding other peoples tyres. The manual 3 series had its tyres killed in a couple of hours.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Do you know what car yet @Maypack ? The brochure seems to show the Ateca a lot, which on a track would be just as fun seeing how far you push a SUV!

There’s another page that shows a Leon CUPRA too. No idea as to which car yet but I think I’d plum for the Leon given the choice as that’s what I’ve got. Would be nice to get some driving tips for it to improve my own driving ability.

Reactions: bgb

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
There’s another page that shows a Leon CUPRA too. No idea as to which car yet but I think I’d plum for the Leon given the choice as that’s what I’ve got. Would be nice to get some driving tips for it to improve my own driving ability.

Would be good to see exactly what a same spec car can do, legally!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members