Digital Cockpit view

JCB360

Apr 28, 2019
Kidderminster
I have 19 plated Cupra Carbon Edition with the digital cockpit, I have seen a view where the rev range and speed go up the sides of the display and say with the Nav filling the rest of the view . I can't seem to get this combination on my car, any ideas on settings? Or are there different versions of the digital cockpit.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I have 19 plated Cupra Carbon Edition with the digital cockpit, I have seen a view where the rev range and speed go up the sides of the display and say with the Nav filling the rest of the view . I can't seem to get this combination on my car, any ideas on settings? Or are there different versions of the digital cockpit.
I have the MY19 Cupra Lux and it has this view. Maybe they updated the software?
I imagine if the software was updated there is way to update yours.

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
The central dial view was only available from build week 38 2018 onwards - ie MY19 build cars.
The carbon editions were all delivered to the UK pre this virtual dash change-over. The only way to have it is via replacing the hardware and software for the MY19 virtual dash.

I'm surprised your carbon edition is a 19 plate as I thought that all the pre-WLTP cars had to be registered before September 2018.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
The central dial view was only available from build week 38 2018 onwards - ie MY19 build cars.
The carbon editions were all delivered to the UK pre this virtual dash change-over. The only way to have it is via replacing the hardware and software for the MY19 virtual dash.

I'm surprised your carbon edition is a 19 plate as I thought that all the pre-WLTP cars had to be registered before September 2018.

So the MY19 has different HW too, I'd have though such a simple change was only SW?

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
So the MY19 has different HW too, I'd have though such a simple change was only SW?
I’m afraid so. A few people have done the conversion already but it’s not cheap.
The part number of the MY18 VC dash is 5F0920790 whereas the MY19 ones are 5F0920790A. It also needs coding using ODIS

Last edited:

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I’m afraid so. A few people have done the conversion already but it’s not cheap.
That's a bit crap for guys that have the MY18 VC. Although I wouldn't be that fussed if I didn't have that particular view as I don't use it.

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
That's a bit crap for guys that have the MY18 VC. Although I wouldn't be that fussed if I didn't have that particular view as I don't use it.
I went from a non VC dash in my 290 Black Edition to a new MY19 Cupra (luckily built without all the copper sh1te!) and once I discovered the central gauge view, it barely ever comes off it. It only changes when I use the car nav (if I’m not using Waze) or when you get a phone call and it reverts to default view.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I went from a non VC dash in my 290 Black Edition to a new MY19 Cupra (luckily built without all the copper sh1te!) and once I discovered the central gauge view, it barely ever comes off it. It only changes when I use the car nav (if I’m not using Waze) or when you get a phone call and it reverts to default view.
I unfortunately got the copper parts. Not a huge fan and thinking of making them black, although they don't clash too badly with magnetic grey. I've only had the car a week but so far been using the double circular gauge view with mini map in-between.

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
I unfortunately got the copper parts. Not a huge fan and thinking of making them black, although they don't clash too badly with magnetic grey. I've only had the car a week but so far been using the double circular gauge view with mini map in-between.
Personally, I think that the copper only really works with monsoon grey, blackness grey and midnight black. I’ve got a desire red so knew before it was even released with copper accents that it wouldn’t work. I was so glad when I found out mine would be built as an MY18, with all the MY19 upgrades APART from copper.

JCB360

Apr 28, 2019
Kidderminster
Thanks for the replies guys. It was more about me thinking there was a view I couldn't access. I'm happy with the options I have, and not that bothered as to get hardware and software upgrade at dealer prices.

On badges have order front and back SEAT black badges from RB Styling to replace home ones i have.

Reactions: CupraRobX and Kirky

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
Quick question. Anyone knows how to get the cupra flag on the central rev dial display? Car is my2020 leon cupra with gpf.
I've circled it in the image below.
maxresdefault.jpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise