Cupra 300 Issues List

The_Hoff

Sep 4, 2017
Hi all,

Just nearing the end of my lease (24mth) on my 67 plate 300, manual.

Since 18 months in I've been fighting a clutch slip issue on an air strip near me, seems to impact me from 5th gear at a tonne. Just revs away until I back off and reapply the power.

I don't indulge in launches or motorway GP stuff, given the lack of issues at lower speed I couldn't be bothered taking it to the stealer as they'll no doubt want to argue with me over wear and tear. They can have it back, with the fault.

Just ordering a new 290 on a new lease, but hoping whatever issue I suffered has been corrected?

Other issue, my sat nav is trash, finding a 7 digit post code seems impossible for it.

Finally, and possibly just bad luck, but I've cracked 2 window screens on this car, the first I've had in 18 years of driving! Thin glass? Screen angle? Bad luck?

Otherwise it's been a great car.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
The clutch surprised me to be honest, no idea if it's a common issue?

Yeah alot of people have clutch issues, even more so once mapped, its a gti clutch from what I remember so doesn't like the torque

Quite a few members on VW forums with performance Golfs (especially the Golf R) and manual gearbox seem to have issues with slipping clutches - quite often at low mileage. I think VW’s clutch supplier makes them from chocolate to help keep the cost down!

Reactions: The_Hoff

The_Hoff

Sep 4, 2017
Quite a few members on VW forums with performance Golfs (especially the Golf R) and manual gearbox seem to have issues with slipping clutches - quite often at low mileage. I think VW’s clutch supplier makes them from chocolate to help keep the cost down!

Yup, I'm on 13k now, but it's been that way since around 9k.

I read some reports previously of 290's with similar issues, dealers don't want to know. Those that did wanted to do conduct "investigation" before owning up the there being a quality issue, which then ended up with a disputed bill for £300-400 in labour for the dealer to then claim "wear and tear on a consumable item".

Imagine if you brakes happened to sporadically slip when applying them hard. What they fail to understand is how dangerous something like that can be, if say you're mid-overtake or pulling out of a T-junction to a NSL road, unpredictable at best.

Glad my new one will be a DSG.

Brackett

May 12, 2019
I read some reports previously of 290's with similar issues, dealers don't want to know. Those that did wanted to do conduct "investigation" before owning up the there being a quality issue, which then ended up with a disputed bill for £300-400 in labour for the dealer to then claim "wear and tear on a consumable item"..
Not got it yet, but 11k on a manual and I'm getting nervous of these reports!

Where do people get to in the above scenario then? (whether VW, Seat, or other VAG). Do they just have to suck up the cost and pay for the investigation, labour, parts, etc, or do they get some "goodwill" in the end?

(not that it should need "goodwill" for a failed/failing clutch at minimal miles, but you get my drift).

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.