air con - bit rubbish

Funbobby

Mar 7, 2017
anyone else find this? just had it regassed last week and theres no faults with it just no where near as good as the other cars i get to use.

Deleted member 103408

2014 Cupra with climate control and very happy with it, Fast and Cold.

Owen83

Feb 9, 2018
I find it rubbish in my FR EcoTSI. mine is an 18 reg, owned form new and i've asked Seat to look at it when it goes in for its service this week. Doesn't get cold enough and takes ages. (Set to auto & on both normal & Eco settings) My Audi Q3 is polar opposite. almost instantly cold and very effective. My previous Merc was good too.

Funbobby

Mar 7, 2017
tried all the modes, seems pretty cold but fan just doesnt seem to be up to the job of pushing it around the cabin very well?

Jazzjames

Sep 13, 2018
Germany
1.8 tsi owner. Mine is set at 22C all the time. Any colder and it gets too cold in the cabin over time.

How long are your journeys? If the car has been sitting in the sun and you’re only driving for 5 minutes you can’t expect it to be icy cold straight away.

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
tried all the modes, seems pretty cold but fan just doesnt seem to be up to the job of pushing it around the cabin very well?
Try changing the pollen filter, if its not been changed it'll be restricting the airflow.

Funbobby

Mar 7, 2017
ok found the guide, will look into changing it, didnt look to bad when i just checked it. will it make much differance?

Nora2004

Oct 15, 2017
You can code the aircon with obdeleven or vcds to cool quicker and more, never tried it myself but the option is there, called the hot country setting!

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
ok found the guide, will look into changing it, didnt look to bad when i just checked it. will it make much differance?
It will make a huge difference if its went 4 years and nobody has changed it. You'll see when you pull it out by the colour of it and the debris that comes out.

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
My aircon is spot on - 2016 Cupra - better than other cars I’ve driven and been in as a passenger. Gets icy cold as mentioned above. The only thing that annoys me is the speed of the fan on auto - obviously as it is regulating the temperature it puts it full blast until it reaches the optimum - which is completely understandable and as it should be. Very comfy to drive in hot or cold conditions!

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Silly question but are your vents open? The fan is really powerful on mine