Remap Stage 1 Figures

ghostbustertab

Jun 21, 2016
Based where? that name has been used loads of places. My guess is Telford? deffo looks like the kind of place that has bought a load of software of the internet.

I had a Dyno today and found no change so got a full refund instead

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I had a Dyno today and found no change so got a full refund instead
As in you still had the same standard power?

Have they put your map back to stock? I’d personally be concerned they’d poked about with the software and were not able to give any gains.

Normally I’d recommend sticking to Revo and Racingline maps, but think you’re likely better off going to somewhere like Unicorn where they can check nothings been cocked up with the standard map first.

Reactions: LouG

ghostbustertab

Jun 21, 2016
As in you still had the same standard power?

Have they put your map back to stock? I’d personally be concerned they’d poked about with the software and were not able to give any gains.

Normally I’d recommend sticking to Revo and Racingline maps, but think you’re likely better off going to somewhere like Unicorn where they can check nothings been cocked up with the standard map first.

Yeah have the same.power definitely trying Revo or APR or r-tech or unicorns

ghostbustertab

Jun 21, 2016
You’re better just getting the software, running it for a week or to so it can calibrate itself (usually what these off the shelf tunes do) then stick it on an independent Dyno.

Surely a dyno can tell u how much you get than just off the shelf software?
Sorry had a crap company who claimed I had gains but did a Dyno and gained nothing

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Surely a dyno can tell u how much you get than just off the shelf software?
Sorry had a crap company who claimed I had gains but did a Dyno and gained nothing
Off the shelf software is just that. Racingline/Revo will give you an estimated figure. It will be based on a an average of figures obtained from healthy engines. You may get more you may get less depending on your engine. You’ve already got a before power figure by the fact you’ve dyno’d it already.

These off the shelf softwares, the good ones anyway. Won’t necessarily give you the full potential straight away, the updated ECU, much like the standard ECU, will monitor everything over time and adjust everything accordingly.

So my suggestion is to get the software from somewhere reputable that does Revo or Racingline. Let the software do its thing for a week or 2 on good fuel. Then on a cooler day stick it on the same dyno and expect the worst.

I say worst because some dynos over read and others under read. However if you’ve already got a before run you’ll have a good comparison assuming you go to the same place for a second run.

Dynos are only really good for comparison figures not absolute figures. So good for before and after or comparing 2 or more cars.

Sometimes you see high headline figures from ‘tuners’ who also claim the standard engine was x better than the manufacturer claims.

So get a decent off the shelf map. I say off the shelf it will still be custom to your car Revo/Racingline will get your ecu info and should have an understanding of what factory parts it has and give the appropriate map for it.

For example with Racingline they confirmed a new ‘pops and bangs’ map was available , that I was going to change to for free as that was Racingline offered. Sadly it’s not available for my car due to the standard ECU/Parts it’s running. But other MQB drivers can have it. So it maybe just a 300 4drive thing. Yet golf R’s can have it. Who knows.

Last edited:
Reactions: Butty and Legojon

Deleted member 103408

It is a very long time since I had a stage one but you will know you have the extra power.

Plus with revo

Money_Back_Guarantee-100x100.png

Money Back Guarantee
We know you'll love how Revo Software transforms your car. If you don't, we'll give you your money back.

And i am sure that Racingline will do the same or at least live Revo they will fix it

rapidross

Aug 13, 2018
Hi mate if your based in Telford and are interested in a revo map then midland VW based in Cannock are a revo approved centre and I can vouch for there workmanship and maps.
Have a little look online

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hi mate if your based in Telford and are interested in a revo map then midland VW based in Cannock are a revo approved centre and I can vouch for there workmanship and maps.
Have a little look online

They did my Revo 1 and Revo 2+... and as @theoldboy said above, the extra power will definately be noticeable.

Reactions: Butty and rapidross

ghostbustertab

Jun 21, 2016
Have a little look online[/QUOTe

How much did you paid? Also did that include a DSG map?

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Even if a dyno over reads you can still measure gains with it, if you put a car that is supposed to produce 300 on and it produces 340, then you get the map on and it produces 440 then you know in reality its 400 not 440.

Butty

Sep 7, 2018
Even if a dyno over reads you can still measure gains with it, if you put a car that is supposed to produce 300 on and it produces 340, then you get the map on and it produces 440 then you know in reality its 400 not 440.
Unless the supposed figure is wrong in the first place and the over-read is not linear as HP rises.
Use a tuner who uses both dynos and the road to map cars and has a large number of reference files that they can gauge your before and after results against.

OptimusDecline

Feb 24, 2016
Scotland
Speaking of Stage 1 figures....

I just had my 2016 manual Cupra 290 in last week for the APR Stage 1 High Torque map.

Dyno figures below of stock power and torque (black line) and two runs from the remap. It actually blew a boost hose from the intercooler to the engine intake on the last run which they put down to not refitting correctly from previous work. They said that's why there was a dip around 6.5krpm due to leak but surely it would have affected lower down the rev range as boost came on if that was the case?
Capture.PNG

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members