Electric mirrors

Jul 12, 2019
Hi all.

I know this has been covered various times but I’m completely stumped with this.

I’ve got a 2013 ibiza fr, when I got it the electric mirrors would fold about ten mil max using the switch on the door.

I tried the “window reset” I now have the drivers mirror folding however when it unfolds it carry’s on past where it’s ment to stop. This also seems to happen on its own when I unlock the car. Even if the mirrors where not folded?
At the same time the passengers side does not move at all. However you can hear the the motor trying. There also feels like there is very little resistance on this mirror if it’s manually moved.

I’m actually not bothered about having folding mirrors. If it’s an easy fix then great. Alternatively if someone could point me in a way to stop the mirrors from moving on their own that would also be great!

Thanks in advance.

Ryone

Jul 22, 2019
I had a mirror that wouldn't fold and I just bought a new one for 40€, swapped the case and profit.

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
if it passes the point its probaly because it was damaged or forced to fold at some point...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members