Seat leon 184 FR tuning

ghostbustertab

Jun 21, 2016
Hi all :)
Im thinking about stage 1 and stage 2 in time my 184 FR but whats better a tuning box or an actually remap and any recommendations?? Im based in the Midlands :)

Thanks in advance

Reactions: Matty Williams

Deleted member 103408

I very much doubt you will get an impartial answer to that question simply because tuning box guys will say tuning box and map guys will say map.

I would ask you to consider the following
What do you want from the car (power wise),
Are you worried about warranty,
What does your insurance company say about mods (normally it's just about BHP but you should check).
How long are you keeping the car - if you are going for a stage two then normally there is hardware changes required as well.
If you are manual is your clutch up to the power you are after
If DSG then are you going to have a DSG Map as well.

Then you can start to work out which suits you best for the cost and reliability / power curve.

Not my car so cant answer but I am a biased mapped car owner.

ghostbustertab

Jun 21, 2016
I hear good and bad about both tbh i think a tuning box might be ideal as keeping the car 2-3 years max and what more Torque and some more power but good with fuel economy too

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
There would be absolutely no point in bolting Stage 2 hardware onto a car then using a tuning box.

Shaady

Jan 25, 2017
If it was my car I would go map too, I just dont like the idea of a tuning box for some reason, a map just seems like the more complete solution.

Used Revo on my previous car, and once this one is out of warranty I may be going back again

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
I had a mapped car before and plan to do the same to my Cupra when the warranty wears off - in the meantime, and just to keep the warranty, I am considering a tuning box, but after reading some pros and cons about these... I think I will stick with stock until the warranty expires.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Forum Sponsor
Sep 27, 2016
Hi,
If you need any help with insurance for a remap, chip or tuning box then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.