FR K&n filter change !

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
so I just spent 2 hours changing the air filter on my 2017 1.4tsi FR because the twit on YouTube apparently missed the fact there is two screws under the air box ! Not just four clips on the top as per the video!

I now have no clips because I snapped them all,broke a bit of the side off and definitely left screwdriver marks everywhere !

I then had to take the two big hoses off and mess around trying to work out why it would not come off to finally see there was two screws.undo the screws and pops straight off !!!

I hope this helps anyone not have to go through the stress.

I did a search for a similar how to and could not find one which makes me feel better.

Just hope I have not damaged anything long term

Reactions: Allan

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Whereabouts are the screws then?
Two screws are underneath the air box,if you look at the panel filter it comes with two holes in middle where the two screws go.

Basically if I’m honest I probly would have had to take the air box out to get to them but I tried forcing it for about an hour not realising there was screws.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
@paddy6789 posted a link to the official workshop manuals for the mk3 Leon a while back. Link to discussion thread below (it’s the first of the three links in the first post of the discussion thread);

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/leon-mk3-official-seat-workshop-manuals-link.442353/

Replacing the air filter element is covered in ‘Leon 2013 - Leon ST 2013 Maintenance Edition 07.2018’ manual (it’s on the top row, 4th from the left) - pages 80/81 outline the procedure for replacing the air filter element - including removing the two hidden screws.

Reactions: paddy6789

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
@paddy6789 posted a link to the official workshop manuals for the mk3 Leon a while back. Link to discussion thread below (it’s the first of the three links in the first post of the discussion thread);

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/leon-mk3-official-seat-workshop-manuals-link.442353/

Replacing the air filter element is covered in ‘Leon 2013 - Leon ST 2013 Maintenance Edition 07.2018’ manual (it’s on the top row, 4th from the left) - pages 80/81 outline the procedure for replacing the air filter element - including removing the two hidden screws.
I knew it would be somewhere but because I saw a video on YouTube I though it would be just as simple,always been good previous just bad luck and my own fault for not taking more time and stepping back.

It’s on now and the screws keep it secure so no issues with the snapped clips really

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
I knew it would be somewhere but because I saw a video on YouTube I though it would be just as simple,always been good previous just bad luck and my own fault for not taking more time and stepping back.

It’s on now and the screws keep it secure so no issues with the snapped clips really
Makes a differnce tho,better sound from engine and noticeable gains

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
To be fair, there is useful stuff on Youtub, but you have to be able to recognise the BS and ignorance.
It's saved me a lot of money on appliance repairs and Tech problems.

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
To be fair, there is useful stuff on Youtub, but you have to be able to recognise the BS and ignorance.
It's saved me a lot of money on appliance repairs and Tech problems.

Don't watch the idiot with the white cupra - everything he does he balls up - roof wrap (crappy edges), rear diffuser (off centre and too many holes drilled), strut brace (had to call someone out to put the struts back) - LOL :)

Reactions: Betts-4

Deleted member 103408

The ex member is now selling his Cupra as he is not making enough money from his YouTube empire appears to have changed it for BMW

Reactions: Betts-4

Deleted member 103408

Yep put it on ebay didn't he? wonder how many people would but it if they saw the videos of him bodging it, got to be worth less than a standard car :)

Ebay and Youtube but I guess at least you know how well the previous owner has looked after the car.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise