what did you and your mk3 leon do today

CovFC87

Mar 29, 2019
bef0013f2f824f0295662cce92385031.jpg

Fitted my gas bonnet struts, the insurrections has them to the outside but I felt they looked better on the inside of the engine bay.

The only thing I’ve noticed is they don’t half spring the boot lid open, a bit too harshly in my opinion.

I got them from the group buys page on here where you just email Andrey in Russia who sends them over, cost just over £40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Re the boot lid, does it now open fully from the remote unlock? And what effect does it have on closing, harder or easier? I find on the mk3 I have to really slam the boot down or do it in 2 go's, which I didn't have to on the old mk2

Sent from my Razer using Tapatalk

ray

Jan 7, 2016
I've just ordered mine, I'm perhaps more excited for this mod than I should be.
How long did it take to arrive?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

So was I! I thought they came with some sort of seat/Leon/cupra graphic because they were ordered through this site.

I bought them last Thursday/Friday and they arrived yesterday.

Like I said they do spring the bonnet open quite harshly so could do with being a bit softer sprung but nice and cheap little mod. :)

Reactions: MrJohn91

ray

Jan 7, 2016
Re the boot lid, does it now open fully from the remote unlock? And what effect does it have on closing, harder or easier? I find on the mk3 I have to really slam the boot down or do it in 2 go's, which I didn't have to on the old mk2

I haven’t changed the boot struts, sorry if my post indicated otherwise.

On that though my boot shuts real easy as standard..

MrJohn91

Aug 27, 2014
www.facebook.com

I have done the boot lid and yes it does open with the key, it is quite difficult to close but I've gotten used to it. The misses on the other hand complains bitterly about it. I have however recently popped a clip in the trim on one handle by pulling it too hard. So now I use the other handle I would recommend doing it every day of the week.

Reactions: ray and CovFC87

CovFC87

Mar 29, 2019
I have done the boot lid and yes it does open with the key, it is quite difficult to close but I've gotten used to it. The misses on the other hand complains bitterly about it. I have however recently popped a clip in the trim on one handle by pulling it too hard. So now I use the other handle I would recommend doing it every day of the week.

How did you do it? What parts, where from, difficulty? Thanks

ray

Jan 7, 2016
bef0013f2f824f0295662cce92385031.jpg

Fitted my gas bonnet struts, the instructions has them to the outside but I felt they looked better on the inside of the engine bay.

The only thing I’ve noticed is they don’t half spring the boot lid open, a bit too harshly in my opinion.

I got them from the group buys page on here where you just email Andrey in Russia who sends them over, cost just over £40.

Before anyone points out why it sprung open to quickly.... I had them on upside down, sorted now opens perfectly smooth, closes down with enough force to take a finger but that’s fine.

Nice little mod well worth it, haven’t bothered removing the stick for holding the bonnet up yet, doesn’t really make it too untidy.

Reactions: MrJohn91

MrJohn91

Aug 27, 2014
www.facebook.com
How did you do it? What parts, where from, difficulty? Thanks

I bought them off ebay, stabilus was the brand, they cost 27 quid although can't send you a link as the post expired. It was very easy HOWEVER I did managed to drop to boot on my head which wasn't too clever.
You've to take both struts off first as the ones you get are very slightly longer. It's literally remove the clips, pop them off and put the new ones on.

Reactions: CovFC87

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Finally...after a 3 week wait the 2 piece floating discs have arrived courtesy of Reyland Motorsports for the brembo 8 pots,they look huge. Now to try and book time in to get them installed before the next meet.
b69a74e26720f37fbe671b62cfc79a66.jpg
2607d55ff92af6314024a75a17201982.jpg
b1c216d9af9ba4c494983b3c97217edd.jpg

Sent from my COR-L29 using Tapatalk
Would you mind weighing them and your calipers please :)

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
@Damo H, would you like individual weight with the pads and pins etc, or just the two discs and calipers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@Damo H, the 2 piece floating discs are coming in at 9.9 kgs each and the brembo 8 pots are 5.1 kgs each. So we are looking at 15kgs each side, don’t know what the stock set up weight is. Who cares anyway,there gonna look the tits.

Reactions: Damo H

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
@Damo H, the 2 piece floating discs are coming in at 9.9 kgs each and the brembo 8 pots are 5.1 kgs each. So we are looking at 15kgs each side, don’t know what the stock set up weight is. Who cares anyway,there gonna look the tits.

Lighter than stock. This is the info on the Stage 3 kit from Racingline in comparison with the stock kit...

E3E23C6B-A4D8-4EF2-8A5F-0E6A9448CE6E.png

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Reactions: Spuddy01 and Hag

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
Well if anyone has been reading my posts about the bbk that I've had for a while now you will be pleased to know that the St and the bbk is booked in at my local garage on Thursday, I'm super excited about this.I will try to get some photos to compare the stock brake set up to the new discs and brembo 8 pots.
641fc1022e1d1502d64c044a222484ab.jpg

Sent from my COR-L29 using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

Trip from the coast to the MK and back again.

Very pleased was worried the upgraded high pressure fuel pump was going to impact car badly, looks like it dont.

mpg.jpg

Reactions: bgb