DSG paddle extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
I was thinking about getting some spare paddles and taking them apart/making new whole paddles (I'm a design engineer and use CAD all day, plus have a 3D printer)
Then plastidipping them to make them rubberised.
Thanks... really like the look of them. Anyone able to confirm if they fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on the P/Ns and photos they should.
I've bought some so can confirm when the arrive next week.

He accepts offers of £19 too

Reactions: Mystery290

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
I was thinking about getting some spare paddles and taking them apart/making new whole paddles (I'm a design engineer and use CAD all day, plus have a 3D printer)
Then plastidipping them to make them rubberised.

Based on the P/Ns and photos they should.
I've bought some so can confirm when the arrive next week.

He accepts offers of £19 too
I can confirm these fit.

Bit too big for my liking though...
b06cf860f36db1ca504a853b18e44105.jpg
989adfde821012568c67bcc41a365f02.jpg
f4ea26d67f07c019294baf6d61d6e5f2.jpg
cf02e7bf6b63b789a4ba45acac78548c.jpg
1553aa5932f9c03674f2cbf3426ef28e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

wms_F1

Jul 10, 2018
Thanks for confirming! Bit big for my liking too! Look forward to seeing what you design!

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
Do you think you'll leave the rear of the extenders flat like all the ones currently available or will you profile them to give them a tactility like the standard ones?

I'm hoping to put the ridges on like the standard paddles. However, that is more machining work so will lead to more cost.
They probably won't be proud either, they are more likely to be sub-flush

Reactions: Damo H

Sean Huang

Jan 2, 2019
Hi everyone! new forum member and my first post on here. Been hunting for a good solution to the paddles and found these. they're quite a bit more involved to install (came from an ND Miata and changed the paddles on them as well) and also a bit on the pricey side but I do believe they're the cleanest ones i've found online so far.

https://www.hs-cnc.de/shop/en/paddl...paddles-v4-austauschschaltwippen-carbon?c=173

have already placed an order and will post up pictures when they arrive. installation-wise tho might be at a shop as i've never done an airbag removal before myself.

Reactions: wms_F1

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
Hi everyone! new forum member and my first post on here. Been hunting for a good solution to the paddles and found these. they're quite a bit more involved to install (came from an ND Miata and changed the paddles on them as well) and also a bit on the pricey side but I do believe they're the cleanest ones i've found online so far.

https://www.hs-cnc.de/shop/en/paddl...paddles-v4-austauschschaltwippen-carbon?c=173

have already placed an order and will post up pictures when they arrive. installation-wise tho might be at a shop as i've never done an airbag removal before myself.

That's pretty much what I'll be doing but hopefully cheaper and a load of different designs

wms_F1

Jul 10, 2018

Thanks for sharing, they are right up my street. Keep us posted when the arrive and fitted.

That's pretty much what I'll be doing but hopefully cheaper and a load of different designs

Look forward to seeing what you come up with! :cool:

Reactions: Sean Huang

Deathjam

Aug 24, 2015
Leeds-ish
Received these yesterday. The fitment is a clamp fitment with just one screw pulling the package together, so not 4 grub screws (as shown on the ebay ad) that could harm the plastic paddles. I shortened the supplied allen key about 5mm as otherwise it would hit the wheel making it difficult to turn. Once this was done mounting was really easy.

Fitment is great and they sit flush with the paddles. Improved the feel of the paddles significantly :)

View attachment 4386

i also just fitted these, they look great, and yes i also needed to dremmel the crap out of the allen key, also found turning the wheel, so the screw was facing up helped alot.

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
Finally got my custom replacements fitted.

They work brilliantly and allow you to change gear with the top and bottom of the shifter and look much better than standard. Fitting was really easy and took me about 20 mins.

Need a couple of tweaks but they'll be for sale this week hopefully!

PNK3Kuy.jpg

LY5VUeA.jpg

GNYSjZ0.jpg

s1LG2Ng.jpg

dpdnsgV.jpg

PEQYr2y.jpg

izoR3Ka.jpg

Last edited:

wms_F1

Jul 10, 2018
They look great. Id be interested if your selling a batch!

TimT

Jul 18, 2019
Do you have a comparison pic available with the regular ones? Both unattached? These look awesome!

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
Do you have a comparison pic available with the regular ones? Both unattached? These look awesome!
I'll get one tomorrow for you
When and how much ?
This week at some point.
Will be anywhere from £30 to £200 depending on the material you choose.
They'll be on the shapeways marketplace along with two other designs

Reactions: wms_F1 and Betts-4

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
I'll get one tomorrow for you
This week at some point.
Will be anywhere from £30 to £200 depending on the material you choose.
They'll be on the shapeways marketplace along with two other designs

Looking to order some badges off there to is there any group discount ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.