1.4 ACT - rattle/vibration as engine switches to 2 cylinder

'Little' John

Oct 12, 2018
Almost 10mpg more, mine gets over 51 at motorway speed - although I set the cruise a bit higher; set at 70 you are probably doing 66 mph.
To be fair I used to get something similar from my 1.4 which didn't have ACT. Trip computer was also super-optimistic so although it would read 55-56mpg on a long run, when you measured it it was only just over 50mpg in reality.

Jun 18, 2019
UPDATE - Turned out to be the Actuator rattling, Not the linkage but the rod inside the actuator. Must be a build quality issue. Audi replaced the whole turbo which has cured the issue. Whisper quiet now :) Only way I know is via the dash read out.

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
My car back from seat today refused to fix as no problem thats normal noise.
Bit of arguing with manager need a video and maybe the seat will deal with it.
Car was test drive twice 200 meter (tracker show)
The noise bad same as the previous video show.
Another advice was audi higher brand and they fix problem like this seat not...

Jun 18, 2019
My car went back 3 times to the dealer before they did anythiing, I did however provide them with a usb drive full of videos of the issue, I even mounted my Go Pro under the hood and recorded the issue.

The Problem is poor build quality within the actuator, wont cause an issue but really annoying.

Jun 18, 2019
I was told it was normal, depends if you can put up with it. Some cars do it, some cars dont. I have had the actuator replaced and now the engine is quiet in 2 cyclinder mode. I now only know via the dash read out. like I said, its a build quality issue.

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
We got another leon with act and no noise. Same mileage.mine badly rattle and the service proper ****.
I will send a complaint letter to seat today attached first time they told door will adjusted and more jobs after 2 days car come back with out any repair.
I got tracker details which show they didnt drive or tried to find the power loss issue.
Second dealer i find out they useless and dont give thing about the car.
2 alloys peeling they said will be replaced after on phone advised warranty just for 6month for alloys and personally manager said both was refurbished so no warranty...
Another nice advice i need to go back to finance company to complain but this idiots don’t understand some people buy cars for cash as i do not all cars on finance or lease.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.