Rain/Light Sensor Coding Mk3 FR

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
Fitted my new switch at the weekend and auto lights worked first time...yaaaay. Well, they come on when I put my hand over the sensor!! Many thanks to @Jim45 for his OBD11 guide on here :coolthumb

Aug 9, 2019
Hi new to the forum and have a 63 plate fr 184. I am in the process of doing this mod and the mirror as well. I bought a mk7 golf dimming mirror of ebay as the seller included a sensor with it. Part no is 5q0955559a for the sensor. Is this the correct light/ rain sensor? or is this just a rain sensor so auto lights wont work?

Cheers

astaller

Dec 20, 2018
Germany
Hi Adamsm, sorry what for a model is your car?
Is it a facelift? Which year of construction?
The sensor 5Q0955559A was installed in the pre-facelift models.
It probably won't work correctly with a facelift model, but I don't know for sure.

Just to make this clear, the interior mirror has nothing to do with the sensor, these are two different construction sites.
Here you can find informations regarding retrofitting interior mirrors: https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?posts/4822845

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019
Hi Adamsm, sorry what for a model is your car?
Is it a facelift? Which year of construction?
The sensor 5Q0955559A was installed in the pre-facelift models.
It probably won't work correctly with a facelift model, but I don't know for sure.

Just to make this clear, the interior mirror has nothing to do with the sensor, these are two different construction sites.
Here you can find informations regarding retrofitting interior mirrors: https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?posts/4822845

Sorry

Seat Leon Fr 2013 model

Aug 19, 2019
Hey guys. I have recently installed the rain light sensor on my 2017 fr leon. I have also put in a VW polo light switch however when I put it on auto I get error codes. Vehicle light fault and headlight range control error. When I put the lights on dipped beam the errors go away.

I've noticed when driving on the motorway and I have it on auto the lights are lower when the error come ups compared to when I switch to dipped beam.

Any ideas how to fix it.

astaller

Dec 20, 2018
Germany
Hi Robk112,
can you tell us the part numbers of your replacment parts?
Has your car a climaautomatic or manual?

Check whether PIN 2 on the plug of the light switch is occupied.
As far as I know, this line is "purple".
If it is not occupied, you have to lay an additional line to the on-board control unit (see here the unit).
Connect PIN 2 of the light switch with the on-board control unit plug "C", PIN 16.

Aug 19, 2019
As there isn't a screenshot record (just text) on here of how to go about activating auto lights on a Facelift, I thought I would post up screenshots of the OBD11 method which make make it a bit clearer for those that haven't already carried out the mod.
Obviously you need to fit the modified sensor and auto light switch beforehand.

Fire up OBD11 and go to 09 Central Electronics - Adaptations, now follow the next 3 pictures (check that you have the same values as those marked with an X)

Now go to 5F Infotainment and follow the next 2 pictures (check that you have the same values as those marked with an X)

Cheers mate got the auto lights working but now my auto wipers aren't automatic anymore.

wolverine_uk

Oct 18, 2018
You have to have your stalk on 1 click for them to be in automatic mode. Just make sure you've done that.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Aug 19, 2019
You have to have your stalk on 1 click for them to be in automatic mode. Just make sure you've done that.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Yes I have them there still not working. They were working fine before I made the adaptions to activate the automatic lights as per Jim's instructions.

astaller

Dec 20, 2018
Germany
Check this setting:
Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2
wiper_comfort_0x0C_msg_bus: set to -> Comfort data bus
see youre last picture

Aug 19, 2019
Check this setting:
Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2
wiper_comfort_0x0C_msg_bus: set to -> Comfort data bus
see youre last picture
I ended up turning this setting off and then back on. When I went into the infotainment screen under wipers there was the option to turn them on for rain sensing which wasnt there before so can confirm that it's all working now bar leaving home lights. Thanks for the help guys and sorry Jim your guide was spot on. Just me being a noob.

Mohamed emarah

Mar 27, 2019
Egypt
Hello
I have OBD11 and recently bought both the light light/rain sensor and auto light switch. What are the instructions to program in auto wipers and lights using OBD11 can it be done?
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Hey there would you mind telling me where to buy the light sensor and switch

Aug 19, 2019
That sensor
Also

Also do you have a link for the light sensor and switch because that's what I'm looking for

That sensor is rain and light sensor so will do both. The switch I bought was only one so no link unfortunately.

As far as I know it should all be the same. Believe the newer model leon isnt out until next year so don't see why it would change. Mine is a 2017 model.

Check your sensor first. If it's the same shape and size you should be ok.

Reactions: Mohamed emarah
Oct 22, 2019
Was wondering whether anyone in the U.K, West Midlands are would be able to help with the coding for this. Don’t know anyone with a vcds or have an Android device I can borrow

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.