Quick OBDEleven question

jacko5

Jan 10, 2017
UK
Found this earlier, does anyone know what the mod does ?

Brake light also in the tail light (gate). (LED Drivers)
With this modification brake lights (For LED) is also lit in the headlights of the gate instead of only on the rear wings.
1 - Module 09 - Electronic. Code (31347)
2 - Adaptation
3 - Select - Leuchte27NSL RC6
4 - Sub - D 27 Lichtfunktion
5 - Change value to Brake light
6 - Sub - Dimming direction CD 27
7 - Change Value to Maximize
8 - Sub - Dimmwert CD 27
9 - Change value to 100

Thanks for any info.

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Sounds like it lights up both parts of the tail lights when braking - tailgate part of lights as well as outer light units

Deleted member 103408

And just to add when you look in OBD11 You wont see Brake Light you will see Bremslicht

And you will also need to change the other side to match.

Brake light also on the tail lights . Position 0. (LED Pilots) All models
With this modification the brake lights are also lit on the tail lights instead of just on the rear wings
1 - Module 09 - Electronic control unit. Code (31347)
2 - Adaptation
3 - Leuchte26NSL LA72
4 - Lichtfunktion D26 - (Change value to Bremslicht)
5 - Dimmwert CD26 - (Change value to 100)
6 - Dimming direction CD26 - (Change value to Maximize)
7 - Leuchte27NSL RC6
8 - Lichtfunktion D27 - (Change value to Bremslicht)
9 - Dimmwert CD27 - (Change value to 100)
10 - Dimming direction CD27 - (Change value to Maximize)

Reactions: jacko5

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Just a thought - on my MK7 Golf i fitted GTi LED rear lights, i had to wire the tailgate light to the outer light so they would all light up the brake lights - not sure on the Leons though?

cod_ed

May 23, 2017
UK
Has anyone tried this? I'd be extremely interested in doing this mod if it has been tried with success. I know you can do the same thing on the golf mk7s with LED tail lights.

Deleted member 103408

If you are talking about the coding changes, just do it. If it don't work the way you like then just reverse the change back.

cod_ed

May 23, 2017
UK
If you are talking about the coding changes, just do it. If it don't work the way you like then just reverse the change back.
Is it easy to reverse changes if you don't know the original coding/settings?

Deleted member 103408

Very easy that is why this tool is so good.

If you go to your history function under the relevant control unit it will show you all the changes you have made.

Will look something like the picture below where it shows the before and after, just revert it back to the before settings.

You should also always have a recent backup of your control unit so that whatever happens you have a record of the way it was at any given time.

1.png

cod_ed

May 23, 2017
UK
Very easy that is why this tool is so good.

If you go to your history function under the relevant control unit it will show you all the changes you have made.

Will look something like the picture below where it shows the before and after, just revert it back to the before settings.

You should also always have a recent backup of your control unit so that whatever happens you have a record of the way it was at any given time.

1.png
Awesome, thanks for the useful info!

Deleted member 103408

No problem and if you are interested a did a little post here that gives some more info about the tool

jacko5

Jan 10, 2017
UK
Not been on for a while.
Thanks for your reply theoldboy
I already have the rear led bit lighting up on brake lights.
Passed MOT and looks great, and also looks normal at night time ( normal brake lights only can be seen ).
It would be good if we could change the brightness of the rear side led lights so its not as bright and when you press the brake the said lights get brighter at night.If you know what i mean.

cod_ed

May 23, 2017
UK
Not been on for a while.
Thanks for your reply theoldboy
I already have the rear led bit lighting up on brake lights.
Passed MOT and looks great, and also looks normal at night time ( normal brake lights only can be seen ).
It would be good if we could change the brightness of the rear side led lights so its not as bright and when you press the brake the said lights get brighter at night.If you know what i mean.
Thanks for the info :)
I guess I'd be correct in assuming that because I have the Scandinavian DRLs activated (rear lights on permanently) you wouldn't be able to see this mod at all?

jacko5

Jan 10, 2017
UK
Thanks for the info :)
I guess I'd be correct in assuming that because I have the Scandinavian DRLs activated (rear lights on permanently) you wouldn't be able to see this mod at all?
I think thats correct, as the brightness of both mods will be the same ( just like they are for me when the sidelights are on ).
But i think the led brake light mod looks good during daylight hours,and a lot more visable for other drivers to see,hence safer in my opinion.

Deleted member 103408

And just a gentle reminder just make the changes and see if it does make any change, if nothing happens or you dont like it just revert to how it was. That is the joy of this tool

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members