How to I make an official complaint?

Sisqo_uk

Nov 9, 2017
As title says. Quant to make a complaint against the particular seat in question.
Long story short. They’ve had my car pushing on 7 weeks. Told me the issue is one thing. Now another and won’t forward the report of the vehicle to warranty to the point they won’t do nothing if the deadline passes on Wednesday the 11th of July. So few days. There’s a lot of suspicion to about this report because I keep telling them it needs to be sent over. But I just get told the same thing it will be done but I get a call later saying it wasn’t. an excuse a manager has told front desk to do which sounds like a deliberate thing (I assume to hide it and avoid it been seen).
I’ve had no courtesy car in all that time. I did manage to get one booked after week 5 but then the date came and was told I can’t have it.
All it looks like they want money.
So please help. I’m am put off the brand. They treat the customers terrible.
So I would like to know a process to make an official complaint so they stop messing about. My car had been with them since may.

Thanks for reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Not wanting to take a jab in anyway, but I suggest you get someone to help you with putting it in writing when you send them a letter - it was a bit hard to read from the post what the situation is.
I would start with contacting the importer and complaining about the dealership, if you have escalated to dealership manager without a response.
Is the car under warranty? Then you should automatically get a courtesy car if they are keeping yours so long - I had an issue with my Skoda that involved them keeping it for one month and I didn't even have to ask, since they straight out apologized and said I would get a courtesy car for that period.
If it is a problem with them not knowing how to repair the car, I would take it to another dealership.
Again, with my Skoda, after that big repair, my car went back 6(!!!!) times until I complained straight to the importer who told me to bring the car to the headquarters for it to be checked by their master technicians (who did solve the problem) and also they gave me a courtesy car in that occasion.
After I contacted the importer, my dealership was suddenly very interested in solving my problem, but by then they had already lost me - I heard it later that they got into some trouble, because the importer was not happy about how they handled my case and also, after they checked my car, they were not happy with the dealership workmanship.
You should keep a diary about what was promised by whom and when, and what were the problems, so that you can strengthen your position.
Write a registered letter to the manager, explain original problem, quote said diary (include names of persons you spoke to and what they promised) and then demand a resolution and compensation.
State your need for a car (maybe work related?) and say you expect to be immediately provided with one.
Demand a resolution date for your original issue and some form of goodwill gesture (some part upgrades, free gas, etc)
Announce your intention to contact importer if response is not satisfactory.
That will get their attention for sure ;)

Good luck and hope you solve your problems... I know how annoying these things are since I was in a similar situation not so long ago - it put me off of the car so much that I ended up trading it...

Sisqo_uk

Nov 9, 2017
Not wanting to take a jab in anyway, but I suggest you get someone to help you with putting it in writing when you send them a letter - it was a bit hard to read from the post what the situation is.
I would start with contacting the importer and complaining about the dealership, if you have escalated to dealership manager without a response.
Is the car under warranty? Then you should automatically get a courtesy car if they are keeping yours so long - I had an issue with my Skoda that involved them keeping it for one month and I didn't even have to ask, since they straight out apologized and said I would get a courtesy car for that period.
If it is a problem with them not knowing how to repair the car, I would take it to another dealership.
Again, with my Skoda, after that big repair, my car went back 6(!!!!) times until I complained straight to the importer who told me to bring the car to the headquarters for it to be checked by their master technicians (who did solve the problem) and also they gave me a courtesy car in that occasion.
After I contacted the importer, my dealership was suddenly very interested in solving my problem, but by then they had already lost me - I heard it later that they got into some trouble, because the importer was not happy about how they handled my case and also, after they checked my car, they were not happy with the dealership workmanship.
You should keep a diary about what was promised by whom and when, and what were the problems, so that you can strengthen your position.
Write a registered letter to the manager, explain original problem, quote said diary (include names of persons you spoke to and what they promised) and then demand a resolution and compensation.
State your need for a car (maybe work related?) and say you expect to be immediately provided with one.
Demand a resolution date for your original issue and some form of goodwill gesture (some part upgrades, free gas, etc)
Announce your intention to contact importer if response is not satisfactory.
That will get their attention for sure ;)

Good luck and hope you solve your problems... I know how annoying these things are since I was in a similar situation not so long ago - it put me off of the car so much that I ended up trading it...

Thanks for the reply. I am that sour with the company I want to trade it when it’s working too. I’ve had enough of them.
I’ll add those details in.
Will it be worth mentioning the motoring ombudsman too?

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Thanks for the reply. I am that sour with the company I want to trade it when it’s working too. I’ve had enough of them.
I’ll add those details in.
Will it be worth mentioning the motoring ombudsman too?

I am in Finland, so cannot much help with that - I assume there are common things to both countries, but a lot of specifics too.

Reactions: Sisqo_uk

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
As title says. Quant to make a complaint against the particular seat in question.
Long story short. They’ve had my car pushing on 7 weeks. Told me the issue is one thing. Now another and won’t forward the report of the vehicle to warranty to the point they won’t do nothing if the deadline passes on Wednesday the 11th of July. So few days. There’s a lot of suspicion to about this report because I keep telling them it needs to be sent over. But I just get told the same thing it will be done but I get a call later saying it wasn’t. an excuse a manager has told front desk to do which sounds like a deliberate thing (I assume to hide it and avoid it been seen).
I’ve had no courtesy car in all that time. I did manage to get one booked after week 5 but then the date came and was told I can’t have it.
All it looks like they want money.
So please help. I’m am put off the brand. They treat the customers terrible.
So I would like to know a process to make an official complaint so they stop messing about. My car had been with them since may.

Thanks for reading.

Hi mate,

Like others have suggested contacting SEAT and or the dealership is a good starting point.

I would advise to email in case this thing drags on so you have a log/evidence of all communications.

Alternatively there is a free service that's been mentioned before that can manage the complaint process for you along with escalation if necessary.

https://www.resolver.co.uk/

Just create an account and follow the steps.

I've used it before successfully.

Good luck

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Sisqo_uk

Nov 9, 2017
Hi mate,

Like others have suggested contacting SEAT and or the dealership is a good starting point.

I would advise to email in case this thing drags on so you have a log/evidence of all communications.

Alternatively there is a free service that's been mentioned before that can manage the complaint process for you along with escalation if necessary.

https://www.resolver.co.uk/

Just create an account and follow the steps.

I've used it before successfully.

Good luck

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thanks I have saw the resolver. I went to rest it out and the options for complaint. Is of needed most of the options. But it got overwhelming to look at at 1am on my phone in bed. Will get the laptop out.
I’ve read about resolver and eBay when they listened to sellers been ripped off and then refunding them when resolver got in touch.
So I will be using this too.

Thanks.

Sisqo_uk

Nov 9, 2017
Can we ask what model and problem your having

It’s a seat Leon and An alternator issue in short. In case someone it is seen by a member I won’t say the exact details. But in week 1 I asked to check that and said it was fine and not my issue. Now at week 5/6 suddenly it IS the issue.
But it’s not just that. It’s the way they are handling it and treated me.

Deleted member 103408

It does not help you but these issues are not just with Seat, I see simular problems with Audi and VW I am afraid.

As said above start keeping a log and get in touch with seat customer service and resolve hopefully you will get some help.

Sisqo_uk

Nov 9, 2017
Bad service
As said most dealers of all makes of car's make thing's difficult once you hand the cash over.

Well I got my from jct600 on finance. My car is with a seat in their garage. I haven’t paid them anything as of yet. So I can’t understand why if my car is there so long why they would delay fixing the issue. Especially offering the part at a much less reduced rate. For “inconveniences”

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Honestly can say SEAT support in UK is absolutely ****!! They never check any TPI from SEAT or if you bring them printed version cant bother them to read either. I went already thru Resolver so now i am in Ombudsman stage for 6 months. I have issue with LED lights, ambient lights, rear shock absorber. Don't count any interior squeak as i have managed to solve this on my one. I have access to all TPI and ELSA information so easy for me to handle with. Seat Customer support is useless also never advice any good always believe service even if i prove this wrong. Always just bring this car for other check. Fed up already and my car has banned from Service branch due to my ombudsman complains :D good joke :D IDIOTS that's only one world i can use for them

Reactions: Glarh

ukoldschool

Apr 12, 2012
Ok.... lets try and clear this up because your posts are a complete shambles...

You want to make a complaint, but against who and/or what?

1. SEAT the Car company (part of the VW/Audi Group)?

2. SEAT UK the distributer and importer of SEAT cars into the UK?

3. A SEAT 'Dealer', all of which are franchised out by SEAT UK, but are all completely separate businesses?

4. Your SEAT car?

:idea::idea::idea:

Reactions: Glarh and Makreq

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Hi
I cant find official complaint email address or person details.
Someone?
Thanks

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Unfixed car and idiotic customer service as always unfortunately.
car manufacturers never give any customer service email address on websites.
Just phone numbers so we cant prove what they lie.

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
These are the details I have used to get answers from Customer Services before.

SEAT UK

T 0808 5 222 222
E [email protected]
Internet: www.seat.co.uk

Thank you!
So no straight customer service or complaint department details.
This is the second rubbish experience with second seat dealer so i will take my time make they life difficult.
When i been there was thinking to buy exdemo cupra st but after this crap service experience 100% no more seat. Im just a idiot cash buyer so sure not important for a dealership.

Deleted member 103408

The email address is for customer services, i dont have any complaints dept but they should be able to provide email address.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members