Installing Fan washers

MatTheMerciless

Feb 16, 2019
Don't bother with eBay ones.
Buy Genuine VW ones. You can get a pair of non heated delivered for around £20 from Listers
I fell into this trap. The ebay ones weren’t ejected from the mould properly so wouldn’t fit. Paid way more for genuine ones but the difference in quality is massive! Worthy investment. Bloody sick of those stupid pistol jets. :)

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Hi Guys, looked in just to see what's happening here. Glad to have helped, about 124,000 views!

Still running the fans and no problems

OJ9693

Mk3 Leon FR 150
Sep 2, 2019
Hi all, how do i know if i have heated washer jets or not? I want to install these fan type jets, i think i prefer them.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Hi all, how do i know if i have heated washer jets or not? I want to install these fan type jets, i think i prefer them.

Do you have headlight washers? If so you may have heated washers. To check in lip one of the existing washers and if there is an electrical cable connected to it as well as a water pipe then they are heated. If you only have the water pipe then they are unheated.

60d9fd3eb6f6dc97baf24a05bd4892f6.jpg
These are the heated ones I bought for my CUPRA. Part number is shown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: OJ9693

OJ9693

Mk3 Leon FR 150
Sep 2, 2019
Do you have headlight washers? If so you may have heated washers. To check in lip one of the existing washers and if there is an electrical cable connected to it as well as a water pipe then they are heated. If you only have the water pipe then they are unheated.

60d9fd3eb6f6dc97baf24a05bd4892f6.jpg
These are the heated ones I bought for my CUPRA. Part number is shown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brilliant cheers.

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Very easy to fit, took about 20 minutes but I also changed my blades... which took longer!

I can report back some leaking as someone else pointed out. See picture. Not sure how normal this is as I can say I've never used my washer whilst stationary and observed so intently.

There seemed to be a fair amount of liquid pooled on the ground, and whilst lifting the bonnet post application and spray, there was still a fair bit of liquid dripping from the driver side sprayer.

My guess is the liquid doesn't exit the fan washer as quickly as the jet, so when I disengage, the liquid which hasn't been jettisoned just sits in the pipe and leaks out. Therefore in reality I'm probably not saving any wash as a result of the swap; but the clean is certainly better and that is good enough for me.

View attachment 8373

Exactly what I had with geniune ones, the water runs out and wets the top rubber seals on the scuttle. They don't have a one way valve or something different, found the cheap ones better! But one of my cheaper ones gets blocked easy, so who knows!

Jan 11, 2020
Hi guys, I’m new to the forum and despite numerous efforts to purchase the fan jets, every time they’ve arrived they’re just normal jets instead of a fan spray. Has anyone recently purchased any who could send me a link to what they bought? All the previous ones aren’t on eBay anymore and I don’t want the hassle of buying more which are wrong.
Thanks!

PaulyM

still learning
Apr 6, 2011
Cheshire
I bought direct from Listers (forum sponsor). Genuine parts and roughly the same price as eBay. If you give them a call, they are very helpful.

jf_cole

Jan 28, 2020
I bought a set from a vendor - £28 - said it was genuine, but they were not. no packaging and the adjusters was a flathead screw type, not the allen key type. Aliexpress knockoffs for OEM prices. Be careful. Awaiting a set from a link above from Greece now which was only a little more expensive.

Glosphil

Nov 10, 2004
Gloucestershire
I don't understand why some people are paying so much for the un-heated fan jets. My local Seat dealer charged me less than £16 incl VAT for a pair of the genuine fan jets.

Reactions: RUM4MO

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
Maybe I just got lucky but mine are not genuine ones and have the flathead screw adjustment, but I haven't had any issues and they've been on the car nearly two years. Would have preferred genuine but these are working as normal, better than the jets which is the main thing!

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I don't understand why some people are paying so much for the un-heated fan jets. My local Seat dealer charged me less than £16 incl VAT for a pair of the genuine fan jets.

This is down to dummies thinking "ebay is always cheapest" - I've thought that way once, as usual the plan should be "always check the price at your local main dealer first" - obviously if you can't make the time to visit a main dealer, buying at inflated prices on line works, but try to find a main dealer's parts department selling on ebay, doing that should give you a slight discount over the usual main dealer price, but P&P will always increase the "through your letter box" price.

OJ9693

Mk3 Leon FR 150
Sep 2, 2019
This is down to dummies thinking "ebay is always cheapest" - I've thought that way once, as usual the plan should be "always check the price at your local main dealer first" - obviously if you can't make the time to visit a main dealer, buying at inflated prices on line works, but try to find a main dealer's parts department selling on ebay, doing that should give you a slight discount over the usual main dealer price, but P&P will always increase the "through your letter box" price.

It's just convenience that people prefer these days, people used to do things themselves now the majority of people pay other people to do it for them.

mcspook

Feb 11, 2020
In Greece from VW the part cost 11 Euro a piece, so 22 Euro for both without any shipping cost and pick them up 3 days later. 22 Euro with a peace of mind that it fits and perform like it should. Same for the air conditioning vent to the glovebox mod so 44 Euro in total with one trip to the dealer for 2 easy mods.

JackB

Jan 18, 2020
As a heads up I have just completed this mod and it appears the adjustment has changed from 2mm allen to T10 torx.

This is for part 5M0-955-985-C-9B9 - bought from Listers (our forum sponsor) this week.

As others have said before me, very easy mod - took 5 mins including fine tuning the spray height. Happy with the results.

Deleted member 132246

As a heads up I have just completed this mod and it appears the adjustment has changed from 2mm allen to T10 torx.

This is for part 5M0-955-985-C-9B9 - bought from Listers (our forum sponsor) this week.

As others have said before me, very easy mod - took 5 mins including fine tuning the spray height. Happy with the results.

Just ordered a pair of these , any leaking issues as per post 402?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise