Different size in the seats?

petrolpants

Dec 10, 2016
Hi,
I have a 2016 Seat leon ST Cupra with the cup seats (cant remeber if thats what they are called in English, the racing seats with the Hard plastic on The back?) . When ordering the car i think the dealer told me I loose a few inches of space for the passenger in the back with the cup seats. Now, trying to fit 2 baby seats in the car, i could really use those few inches. But trying to get my head sorted in this. Have been trying to use the configuration tool on Seat homepage but it seems you cant order the cup seats any more, so cant find any info.

Any information would be helpful. Thank you

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Hi,
I have a 2016 Seat leon ST Cupra with the cup seats (cant remeber if thats what they are called in English, the racing seats with the Hard plastic on The back?) . When ordering the car i think the dealer told me I loose a few inches of space for the passenger in the back with the cup seats. Now, trying to fit 2 baby seats in the car, i could really use those few inches. But trying to get my head sorted in this. Have been trying to use the configuration tool on Seat homepage but it seems you cant order the cup seats any more, so cant find any info.

Any information would be helpful. Thank you
The latest Leon Cupra ST comes with standard seats, but the Cupra Lux includes alcantara bucket seats.
They may not be the same size as the buckets in your 2016 Cupra ST.

I'm not sure what your question is. If you're asking if the regular seats give more rear passenger room, then I believe you're right - the bucket seats lead to slightly less room for rear passengers or car seats. Not sure that there's anything you can do, other than move front seats forward slightly if that's feasible, replace seats or change car. I expect that the current buckets are similar size to 2016 ones.