Anyone dyno’d MY19 Cupra in standard form?

Ryosaurus26

Oct 25, 2018
Just wondering what results people have had on a standard MY19 Leon Cupra on a dyno with or without minimal mods?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mysteryblue

Feb 11, 2019
Standard other than a res delete

Attachments

• 20190628_211526.jpg
    20190628_211526.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 225
Reactions: Ryosaurus26

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
So a GPF Cupra actually is honest and produces the stated amount of power, whereas pre-GPF Cupras 280 etc, tended to produce more. Also is it just me but i thought cupras had higher than 320Nm torque? @Mysteryblue were you running higher than 95RON fuel when you dynoed?

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
So a GPF Cupra actually is honest and produces the stated amount of power, whereas pre-GPF Cupras 280 etc, tended to produce more. Also is it just me but i thought cupras had higher than 320Nm torque? @Mysteryblue were you running higher than 95RON fuel when you dynoed?

That figure of around 308 torque is ft lbs. Which is about 417 Nm.

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Which is the best fuel shel blower or BP ultimate ? Any diff

I would never use Tesco or alike,used to cause warning lights on my ST and I read it’s watered down which is why it’s cheaper with crap

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
All the fuels in the UK come from the same refinery and use the same base fuel.
The only difference is the additives that are added by the individual company and potentially some extra ethanol.

If anything you want a higher Ethanol content in a turbo car.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: LouG

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Well not water but other substances,bit like adding wheat to things to bulk them
Out same product just added crap so cheaper :)
There is nothing to bulk them out with. Given the options of stuff they can legally add, the base stock is the cheapest part. All they can skimp on is the cleaners and octane boosters, which they dont in Momentum.

The reason Momentum is cheaper is simply that they arent profiteering and paying for dubious marketting.

Reactions: '& Son' managed

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
There is nothing to bulk them out with. Given the options of stuff they can legally add, the base stock is the cheapest part. All they can skimp on is the cleaners and octane boosters, which they dont in Momentum.

The reason Momentum is cheaper is simply that they arent profiteering and paying for dubious marketting.
If that’s true why does it cause engine issues,not just my car loads of reviews.

I had issues with like engine rumble,like the injectors or something and also engine management light.

Changed fuels and all issues went away

Was a stage 2 fiesta st

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
If that’s true why does it cause engine issues,not just my car loads of reviews.

I had issues with like engine rumble,like the injectors or something and also engine management light.

Changed fuels and all issues went away

Was a stage 2 fiesta st
Some cars dont like some fuels, its that simple. My Cupra doesnt like Morrisons Super, its flat, sounds different and doesnt rev as freely. It comes alive on Momentum.

Reactions: '& Son' managed