Autoglyme lifeshine paint protection

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
TL:DR but I wouldnt get a dealer to do any "protection work" they don'y pay adequately to do a full protection so its never a very good job, my parents had theres done twice, once at a dealer and once at pro place in Lincoln as the dealer had damaged the paintwork.

Detailing and paint protection tends to be a "get what you paid for" type thing (to a point)

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
The dealer products are usually just old fashioned, and somewhat mediocre products by modern standards, that come with a nice kit and near useless guarantee.

My sister had 'VX protect' done to her Corsa for £99, and yeah, its looked fine and had a nice after care kit, but the guarantee specifically said that it had to be 'maintained regularly' with their maintenance product, which is likely a spray sealant/QD type thing.

Any old rubbish will look like its working if you use a quick detailer regularly because that alone will give some protection and beading long after the original protection is gone.

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
Dealer provided "coatings" are often put on by someone who doesn't apply them properly or can't take the time to do it properly. Most valeters get paid very little and get given very little time to prep a car.

I wouldn't let them anywhere near the car. You're better off either paying a proper detailer to do the car or buy some products yourself and give it a go.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

A9BNL

Mar 6, 2019
i have the Autoglym lifeshine on the interior and exterior. Would highly recommend having it done on a new car, saves applying polish or wax on a frequent basis and keeps the car clean longer; dirt washes off easier including bird pooh and dead insects. Mine is a Nevada white so its been great not having to polish off all the dead insects, tar etc etc throughout the summer as a simple wash with minimum effort does the job and the car stays very clean. Also came with a very nice kit worth i have been told £100 so all in all very happy and can highly recommend!!

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
There is much to be said for getting product on the paint ASAP after the car is built. Modern paints dont gas out like old cellulose ones, but can be softer for a month or 2. Whether its a dealer applied product or a home applied one, its much the same. Getting it protected early makes all the difference.

The dealer coatings arent anything special, but save you a job, and if you arent going to do it yourself, they are worth doing, if the cost is reasonable.

When MG-Rover failed my step father 'aquired' a few kits from the dealer and I applied it to his car, after machine polishing. It looked good, as it should, but he did no maintenance and after 6 months it was pretty much completely gone.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.