Seat Ibiza 2007 5 door Rear Lights Question

Aug 11, 2019
Hi

Newbie (to both the forum and SEATs). I have a 5 door 2007 Seat Ibiza, and I have a query about what the rear lights, marked green in the picture, do? I thought they were fog lights, but I've since found out that my model only has one fog light, which is on the right hand side (the reverse light being on the left hand side in the corresponding spot). Otherwise I can't switch them on; I'm thinking they're optional lights if one can be bothered to wire them up?
20190811_193416.jpg

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Do they actually have bulbs / a place to put bulbs? Might be reflectors.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
It's not one for side lights, one for brake lights... then fog or reversing?

Aug 11, 2019
The clear light on the left is the reverse light, the fog light is on the left on the corresponding side. Would be good if someone with an Ibiza MK3 could video their rear lights working according to which switches they turn on! I guess as long as my car is meeting the legal requirements, it doesn't matter much. I actually only checked my rear lights because my EPC light keeps coming on (but that's another matter :blink:)

Aug 11, 2019
Brake lights are on the body, not the door; the brake lights are a dual filament with the taillights. In the manual the assemblies are described as the reverse light and fog light assemblies on the left amd right respectively.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members