Tiny Leon!

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
I thought the the Leon was a 'mid sized' car! It seems very compact in the work car park next to a 308 and old Focus! Maybe my camera is playing tricks!
673f5ef56a182fbe222cb3ad6e200630.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Allan

Apr 29, 2019
Poss the angle- I deffo feel like my leon is a bit bigger inside at least. Boys seem to have a bit more legroom in the back for sure.

Reactions: louiskopite

Owen83

Feb 9, 2018
I park my FR ST next to my mates Octavia VRS at work nd it does look small on the outside..... Probably the soft lines and rounded bumpers are deceiving

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Seems your lens (from phone?) is making the middle smaller. I had the same with a Leon next to an Ibiza SC (which I owned after the Leon), and the Ibiza is definately noticeably smaller...like so..
20161029_112721_resized.jpg

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I thought the the Leon was a 'mid sized' car! It seems very compact in the work car park next to a 308 and old Focus! Maybe my camera is playing tricks!
673f5ef56a182fbe222cb3ad6e200630.jpg

Are both the Peaugeot 308 and Ford Forcus so scared of your car? The Focus has parked as near to the wall as possible, and the 308 as far away even though it means getting cozy on the driver's side ot the other side, where there is another car.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Are both the Peaugeot 308 and Ford Forcus so scared of your car? The Focus has parked as near to the wall as possible, and the 308 as far away even though it means getting cozy on the driver's side ot the other side, where there is another car.

I get this as work... I think as upstairs don't know my name, they just refer to me as "that guy that keeps banging on about someone scratching his door". As I seem really angry when I talk about it, noone wants the blame or to park next to me. Win/win really.

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
I remember rowing with a customer after he opened his car door into my brand new car. Luckily he didn't mark it but rubbed the paintwork with his hand as it was dusty. I went ape at him. I was 21 and it was 16.5k I had just dropped on a Type R (EP3) and the only thing of value I owned

Reactions: Legojon

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I remember rowing with a customer after he opened his car door into my brand new car. Luckily he didn't mark it but rubbed the paintwork with his hand as it was dusty. I went ape at him. I was 21 and it was 16.5k I had just dropped on a Type R (EP3) and the only thing of value I owned

Haha, I hate when people rub the paintwork to see if the mark comes off. I got into a row at the park last weekend. Someone was unloading stuff from their boot and decided to lean it against my car. I went mad. They couldn't understand what the big deal was or contemplate my suggest of "lean it against your own car".

Reactions: LouG

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK

Either that or the two cars know the muscle under the hood, which is probably more than both of the two combined. So they keep their distance and not provoke the beast.

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
Haha, the guy that owns the focus always parks that close to the wall. We've had a lot of previous complaints about dings so people generally share pics of twat parkers! We also generally always park in the same spot unless some big wig in a huge Audi parks diagonally!

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
I remember recently losing! the Leon behind a “Mini” in a multi, they were parked nose to tail and that may have had an impact but it does make good use of the interior space.

Last edited:

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Ido remember recently loosing! the Leon behind a “Mini” in a multi, they were parked nose to tail and that may have had an impact but it does make good use of the interior space.
The 'Mini' is no longer mini, I don't know how they get away with calling it Mini.

phate101101

Oct 6, 2015
based on that pic and looking at my own car I feel the Leon slopes in towards the roof more than a lot of other cars

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
I particularly like the people who deny it when you've just watched them do it.

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
We all know it's a pain trying to park and keep our cars ding free. I'm the one that will park at the furthermost space available! I'd rather have an extra 30 sec walk than deal with a ding!

This is what I encountered earlier whilst out for a bite to eat... This proud owner's quality parking directly opposite the front door to protect his admittedly very clean Astra!

The thing that got me was the yellow 'Fake Taxi' window sticker! Each to there own I suppose!
12cd9975bac87629286d022f3a52e9b4.jpg

Reactions: louiskopite
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members