Squeaky rear seats

phate101101

Oct 6, 2015
Hi,

I have my cupra ST about 5 months now and recently I've noticed an annoying squeak from the rear seats anytime I go over any bump/speed ramp.

I'm pretty sure it's due to the side leather of the seats rubbing against the plastic trim.

Anyone any recommendations to prevent it?

Why would it start suddenly after a few months? (The leather/pleather naturally stretching?)

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Hi,

I have my cupra ST about 5 months now and recently I've noticed an annoying squeak from the rear seats anytime I go over any bump/speed ramp.

I'm pretty sure it's due to the side leather of the seats rubbing against the plastic trim.

Why would it start suddenly after a few months? (The leather/pleather naturally stretching?)

On my GTD, the 'hook' bars which the seat slam back onto seem to have not formed a tight hold, this caused knocking and squeaking. Few rolls of electrical tape around them fixed it. Maybe a cheap first idea? When you first pull the seats back up right after doing this, it will take some force to slam the catch in, but for me worked well.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
On my GTD, the 'hook' bars which the seat slam back onto seem to have not formed a tight hold, this caused knocking and squeaking. Few rolls of electrical tape around them fixed it. Maybe a cheap first idea? When you first pull the seats back up right after doing this, it will take some force to slam the catch in, but for me worked well.

I had this on my GTD too. Same solution and no more squeaking.

Reactions: bgb

phate101101

Oct 6, 2015
Interesting, i'll take a look at that thanks!

I wonder if too much weight with the seats down can cause this, as thinking about it now I feel like I started to notice it after a trip to woodies...

Rockbox

Apr 6, 2018
Hi,

Perhaps you should take her to a hotel instead. ;);)

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Had this on a Honda, coat of grease on the striker cured it.

Degs

Feb 10, 2019
North Wales
I get the same with my carbon but tends to be when the weathers hot, doesn't happen over bumps though,it happens if I go up my drive at an angle.

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
I get an annoying squeak from the rear left of the car somewhere; sometimes bassy music affects it which makes me think it’s where the plastic is rubbing onto the Seat? Really not sure it drives me nuts. Any ideas? It’s not the door card itself but definitely the Seat as it’s a “squeaky leather” noise

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise