Anyone dyno’d MY19 Cupra in standard form?

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
Is this right? Surely the manfacturers will test the engines on an engine dyno for the performance logging? Thats why they quote power and torque at flywheel, because they don't measure on a rolling road.
You're right. That's where they get the various power figures SAE, PS, the Jap standard etc.

Butty

Sep 7, 2018
No, it won't. A given engine will only pump such air as its volumetric efficiency will allow. It will not keep pumping more air as load decreases. The rest of its power output is governed by thermal efficiency, and its rev limit.
Increase any/or all three and you increase power. Power for a given mass airflow will vary according to AFR and ignition advance as well.
Can you explain more why gms/sec (i.e. a MASS flow rate function) won't relate to HP if that is what you are trying to suggest?

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Which is the best fuel shel blower or BP ultimate ? Any diff

I would never use Tesco or alike,used to cause warning lights on my ST and I read it’s watered down which is why it’s cheaper with crap

I did use BP ultimate in my CUPRA 300 and would get around 340miles from a tank with some spirited driving.

Switched to Shell V Power and get 370miles from a tank with the same spirited driving.

Imo Shell VPower is better and I’ve noticed the car is a little more responsive too.

Never tried Tesco Momentum but remember a thread on here once about issues with Momentum where there the Petrol sits for ages before being used. If you get Petrol from a garage that has high turnover of fuel then it will always be “fresh” and good for the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
I did use BP ultimate in my CUPRA 300 and would get around 340miles from a tank with some spirited driving.

Switched to Shell V Power and get 370miles from a tank with the same spirited driving.

Imo Shell VPower is better and I’ve noticed the car is a little more responsive too.

Never tried Tesco Momentum but remember a thread on here once about issues with Momentum where there the Petrol sits for ages before being used. If you get Petrol from a garage that has high turnover of fuel then it will always be “fresh” and good for the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have always been warned away from Tesco and use to put vpower in my blue GT and golf R with no issues.

In my FR now it’s running rough since putting air filter in and that is with normal BP and this use to happen in my ST and was the fuel so be interesting when I try vpower or momentum to see if it runs better

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.