DOLBY's LCR...AKS Tuning Forged 14/07/2013.

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
Do I need a blanking plate or anything for under the inlet? Sorry I know nothing about the PCV system
No just replace the wierd curly pipe with a t junction and some silicone pipe. I think tje blanking plate only applies to the cupra t's sai which the R doesn't have

Reactions: lightup

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
So...can't remember if I already wrote this but after my ride home from R Tech the other day, literally as I was pulling into my street I heard a pop from exhaust (thought it was undertray coming off) and it spluttered l the way to my parking slot. Phew thank God it didn't happen 5 mins before that as I was on motorway.

Anyway RAC man diagnosed brake servo or booster hose split (the one at the back with heat sleeve). It was literally split in half. He reckons been like that a while and although my brakes were ok not Brembo good, I feel he may have had a point. The idle was off for ages.

Anyway so be fitted a temp solution to get me to garage but I checked yesterday and he never refit the heat sleeve on brake pipe. CAN I DRIVE WITH THIS OFF? even though my garage is 19 miles away or will it get too hot?

Full piping cost £110 lol

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
So it seems I'm really going all out on this car. The OCD has begun to take good again. I've rang SEAT as I previously wrote. Ordered brake booster line and the long line that runs alongside the charge pipe. Felt after 14 years may as well replace job lot.

Today I ordered replacement front grill and ALL THE BOLTS that surround the whole engine bay. As any of you know that owns this car, if it gets left for a while rust on the bolts happens and it looks unsightly. I ordered from SEAT as there's no way I can know what size bolts I need (they're rusty as hell) and also as I'm mechanically inept.
Screenshot_20190823-155453__01.jpg
Screenshot_20190823-155505__01.jpg

Also bought new carbon canister silicone hosing. Bought some before in red but a few pipes were not long enough. So sent them back. Creations Motorsport do an extra long version but are only available in black. The red is a 3 month wait. So it doesn't phase me that I have 2 different colours in engine bay as it's always been red and black anyways. Once all this fitted finally will get some engine bay pics up...in current state I won't post.

Car is also going in Unit 18 in Milton Keynes on Tuesday to fit my floating discs, full brake bleed, fitting booster and brake pipe, fuel pump and hopefully catch can. But that can wait tbh. Also getting car pressure tested too.

Last few days:
Catch Can.
4 X Bridgestone Potenza.
Brake booster pipe (full 2 piece).
New heat shield.
Carbon canister hoses.
2x led side door lights.
New front grill and bolts.
Fuel pump.

But from experience there'll be one or two things from this list that won't get done. It's always the same.

Last edited:

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Still can't get my head around the fact that the garage I used today fitted everything I wanted today and at no point did I get the dreaded...."we haven't managed to do...because of blah blah blah" and the old chestnut ..."this is broke..."

I'm still in shock. Will use this VAG garage all the time now. It's unit 18 in Milton Keynes. They fitted:

• Front floating discs, braided lines and bled the system.

• Carbon canister hosing.
• Brake booster/servo piping.
• New fuel pump.

Reactions: bigT's lcr

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Still can't get my head around the fact that the garage I used today fitted everything I wanted today and at no point did I get the dreaded...."we haven't managed to do...because of blah blah blah" and the old chestnut ..."this is broke..."

I'm still in shock. Will use this VAG garage all the time now. It's unit 18 in Milton Keynes. They fitted:

• New fuel pump.
That's rare! Keep hold of that garage haha

Reactions: DOLBY

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds

• New fuel pump.
Always nice when it goes right 1st time . Ive yet to experience it with this one lol

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Lol spoke too soon, I actually think my car has some sort of evil eye on it or something.

Today was (finally) the day I get my tyres fitted even though tyres on the drive cocked up the original fitting making me lose a day's pay...anyway so Muppet boy turns up and hangs around for 10 minutes then tells me he can't get the tyres off of the rim. I asked him why and he tells me that he can't get tyre off without damaging the alloy?And I may need to sign a disclaimer. He continues to say it may have bonded to the wheel? ...wtf?

So he says he can do it but will take a long time and they are only booked for 30mins (even though I payed for 0800-1200 slot). I tell him to just leave it...

Rang the HQ and she says the fitter thinks the paint from the refurbishment has bonded the tyre to the rim. But how as it was powdercoated and baked before fitting???!

I then ask for the tyres to be dropped at my house (they don't have the insurance)OF COURSE THEY DONT SILLY BILLY ME. So I now have to wait 5 days for refund.

I ring the fitter direct and asked him why he tells me one thing and tells office another thing...that he thinks the paint had bonded to tyre? I told him he never told me that. He said he CAN do it but will be a time frame.

Hmmm basically I will be eating into his job and knock finish time methinks.

Rang local just tyres and the ones I want are an additional £120 which is now my bill to pay. FFS. They also never heard of tyres bonding to alloys either. Oh and I ordered the wheel clean service and he turned up with baby wipes. Lmao.

Avoid these Muppets. Tyres on the drive. All of these issues are begining to pee me off now to the point I'm thinking is it all really worth this.

Last edited:

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
Powder coated paint bonding to rubber and baby wipped alloys :blink:
Cowboys mate just get your money back and steer clear. Cant you have tyres delivered to your garage for fitting?

Reactions: DOLBY

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Lol to be fair I have used them many times for both my cars but this guy had already decided he wasn't going to fit them before he even got there.

Well, needed tyres and had to pay through the nose. Went to local tyre place and got my Bridgestone Potenzas. And guess what? They fitted them no problem at all. You can't even write a scathing review on Google a out then either it's trust pilot. Shame .

Oh and to continue the jinx I had a flickering battery light then went out. This was after getting my tyres fitted and starting the car which had to be the weakest sounding startup the car ever had. Felt like it was going to stall...fricking car.

Get one thing fixed then something else. So for precaution I bought new alternator as im sick of playing russian roulette everytime I wanna drive car.

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Lol spoke too soon, I actually think my car has some sort of evil eye on it or something.

Today was (finally) the day I get my tyres fitted even though tyres on the drive cocked up the original fitting making me lose a day's pay...anyway so Muppet boy turns up and hangs around for 10 minutes then tells me he can't get the tyres off of the rim. I asked him why and he tells me that he can't get tyre off without damaging the alloy?And I may need to sign a disclaimer. He continues to say it may have bonded to the wheel? ...wtf?

So he says he can do it but will take a long time and they are only booked for 30mins (even though I payed for 0800-1200 slot). I tell him to just leave it...

Rang the HQ and she says the fitter thinks the paint from the refurbishment has bonded the tyre to the rim. But how as it was powdercoated and baked before fitting???!

I then ask for the tyres to be dropped at my house (they don't have the insurance)OF COURSE THEY DONT SILLY BILLY ME. So I now have to wait 5 days for refund.

I ring the fitter direct and asked him why he tells me one thing and tells office another thing...that he thinks the paint had bonded to tyre? I told him he never told me that. He said he CAN do it but will be a time frame.

Hmmm basically I will be eating into his job and knock finish time methinks.

Rang local just tyres and the ones I want are an additional £120 which is now my bill to pay. FFS. They also never heard of tyres bonding to alloys either. Oh and I ordered the wheel clean service and he turned up with baby wipes. Lmao.

Avoid these Muppets. Tyres on the drive. All of these issues are begining to pee me off now to the point I'm thinking is it all really worth this.
I have to admit I’ve used tyres on the drive before now and I was impressed with the guy that did mine.
He had them done in an hour or so. It wasn’t on my leon though, it was on my Vito van I used to have.

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
I have to admit I’ve used tyres on the drive before now and I was impressed with the guy that did mine.
He had them done in an hour or so. It wasn’t on my leon though, it was on my Vito van I used to have.

To be fair bud I have used them for years and years. Got a bad vibe instantly 12 hours before booking they rang me to say guy wouldn't be turning up and then giving all the excuses under the sun not to fit tyres...when the local tyre place done them straight away. Maybe he was a newbie or something.

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
So today was taken up by returning my RTX alternator for a Bosch one. Don't even know why I purchased the RTX one for. Think cos euroCarparts said it was biggest seller. Wasn't until I looked at the reviews I bricked it. The reviews are scary.

My car has always had the best where I could and honestly don't believe in buying cheap. As generally you buy twice.

Really tempted to buy another chrome inlet manifold (as last one got weathered to hell) but I really don't have the time for a chrome engine upkeep. I bought inlet manifold cover in chrome though...hmm this is a pic. It's not my car. I'm also going to buy a throttle body cover like this also.
Screenshot_20190904-190216__01.jpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise