Long time lurker, thought I'd finally register.

Aug 16, 2019
Hi,

I've read a lot on these forums over the years but never actually registered until now. I've owned a couple of SEAT cars over the past few years and have just ordered a new one.

I owned a Ibiza 1.2 FR from 2012 until 2016 then switched in 2016 to another Ibiza 1.4 FR (150) which I still have now. Both of these cars were on PCP deals but I've now got a Leon Cupra 290 DSG on order on a PCH (lease) deal which looks like it may turn up sometime in November. We've got a baby on the way so I thought I'd upgrade to something slightly bigger.

Prior to the SEATS I owned Nissan Almera, a Nissan Bluebird, a Rover 216 GSI and a Datsun Sunny Coupe (the red shed).

Aug 16, 2019
Haha, well I managed to persuade my other half that it was a sensible family car ;)

Seriously though, all the best lease deals that I found were on the Cupra. If I looked for a lease on any other variant of the Leon, it seemed I'd be paying almost as much, if not more! (unless I went for the completely bog standard 1.0 SE model).

Reactions: Betts-4

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
The Leon is a great sized car anyway, regardless of trim level or spec. I'm sure you'll be more than pleased with it. Make sure you upload some pictures when you pick it up :)

We have a meet in Doncaster on 1st September - You're more than welcome to show up and speak to other SEAT owners about their experiences and ideas. You can find the thread here and if you're interested, we can have you added to the group chat to get some more information.

Reactions: Blametom
Aug 16, 2019
Thanks, I will do.

I'll see what I can do about the meet up. Would be fun, I'm sure! I'll still be in my Ibiza, of course, unless the car builders pull off a miracle and then ship it by powerboat!

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Hi,

I've read a lot on these forums over the years but never actually registered until now. I've owned a couple of SEAT cars over the past few years and have just ordered a new one.

I owned a Ibiza 1.2 FR from 2012 until 2016 then switched in 2016 to another Ibiza 1.4 FR (150) which I still have now. Both of these cars were on PCP deals but I've now got a Leon Cupra 290 DSG on order on a PCH (lease) deal which looks like it may turn up sometime in November. We've got a baby on the way so I thought I'd upgrade to something slightly bigger.

Prior to the SEATS I owned Nissan Almera, a Nissan Bluebird, a Rover 216 GSI and a Datsun Sunny Coupe (the red shed).
Welcome to the forum.
Just looking back through your car history there, you obviously had a thing for Nissan before you found seat?
My first car was a brand new micra in 1998. Lol.
I had it 18 months then bought a brand new Almera mk1. I thought I was the bees knees driving that at 18 when all my mates had Citroen saxo’s.
I have to say the Almera was a blast to drive but dire to look at.
I moved on to Leons after that and that’s a whole other story.

Aug 16, 2019
Thanks,

Yeah, I had a few Nissan's and an old Y reg Datsun (where the Y was on the right hand side of the reg plate). They were always pretty reliable cars for me, even the old ones. I had the Almera for about 10 years and it hardly ever let me down (except right at the end when the timing chain started stretching).

The Ibiza's I've had since though have been great. Couldn't believe how far engines had evolved when I first drove my 1.2 tsi, it was so much more smooth and powerful than my Almera and from such a tiny little engine. The 1.4 TSI in my current Ibiza is an amazing bit of kit, more powerful again but, at the same time, even more economical than the 1.2.

Can't wait to try out the 2.0 tsi in the Cupra! Ok, it won't have the economy of my Ibiza's but, still, on paper it still boasts economy figures better than my old Almera, blows the mpg of the old Bluebird out of the water and, of course, it has at least 3 times the horsepower of either of those! Technology certainly moves on!!

(mind you, petrol doesn't cost what it did in those days, either!)

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
I agree about new engines.
My cars are all over 10 years old though so I can’t really comment on long term ownership costs of the newer 1.4 tsi’s Etc but I have had a couple of courtesy cars from Skoda and seat with 1.2 and 1.4 engines in and I was really impressed.
My seat is a mk1 Cupra R in standard form so obviously it’s not economical but I only use it every now and again as a hobby car so it doesn’t really matter.
Saying that my daily 5 cylinder Volvo V70 isn’t exactly economical either but it ain’t half comfortable.
Sure your gonna love your new Cupra when it arrives. I’d have one myself if o didn’t have 3 kids to cart round!:banghead2 Lol

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
My wife had a Micra (K10) auto for 14 years, great car and reliable. My last car was a Nissan Note Tekna but I took the plunge and massively upgraded to a Leon FR and I love it.

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
Haha, well I managed to persuade my other half that it was a sensible family car ;)

Seriously though, all the best lease deals that I found were on the Cupra. If I looked for a lease on any other variant of the Leon, it seemed I'd be paying almost as much, if not more! (unless I went for the completely bog standard 1.0 SE model).
Well, to a "non-car" person, it may well appear to be "sensible" in its appearance! Well put sir!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members